PDA

View Full Version : Topsoil

lawnguy224
03-31-2010, 09:03 PM
Greetings,

I need some help with a difficult estimate. I have a customer that would like approx 2 inches of new topsoil in his back yard, raked and leveled and seeded.

The problem is it is almost impossible to get into the back yard. I can have the soil put in the driveway, to get to the back yard there is a gate just big enough to get a wheel barrow through but they have a retaining wall that is about 5 feet tall to get up from the drive way then to the back yard. I will have to move the soil from the driveway, over the retaining wall and wheel it into the back yard. I figure I will likely have to use pails :hammerhead: from the driveway to the wheel barrow. I need to move approx 20 cubic yards of soil.:weightlifter:

What would you charge???????

I figured I would just charge my hourly rate X # of hours

I figured I could move about 1 yard per hour, then 1-2 hours to rake and seed.

Any feed back would be great

ajslands
03-31-2010, 09:21 PM
I'd rent like a dingo Or a skid steer, and then just put the dirt in the wheel barrow and haul it on back, and ya you might get a little over spill but that's why someone invented tarps. For the charging part I have no idea!
Posted via Mobile Device

Craig3
04-01-2010, 01:53 AM
tell them to hire illegals/high school kids/boy scouts to get the dirt into the back yard, then to call you.

hackitdown
04-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Can you remove part of the fence?

lawnguy224
04-02-2010, 05:04 PM
I was thinking about taking down a section of fence