PDA

View Full Version : Walker full horn driving me nuts.

Premier landscaping south
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
When I am mowing a bumpy lawn or roll over bumps my walker will chirp at each dip or bump. I am about tired of it and was wondering if there is a adjustment I can make. I am sure it is the full hopper alarm that is flapping up and down.

Thanks

Think Green
03-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Check inside to see what it is handing up on! It sound loose to me or malfunctioning.
My oldest unit is 9 years old and still horning.???? If it driving you nuts, then unplug the thing inside the GHS box and gap it together. I haven't had this happen to us before.

03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
It still works fine once it is full, it is when it is filling is when it malfunctions. It is a 2001 with 450 hrs. I will have to fiddle with it in the morning. It seems as if the spring is just to forgiving. I thought I remember hearing something about an adjustment somehow.

Think Green
03-31-2010, 10:15 PM
2001 with 450 hours on it???????????????????????????????????? Wow!!
Sorry for not being more informative. Just haven't had this problem. I need to look into the manual if they have a section on the sounding mechanisms.

topsites
03-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Awww that is so cute, the machine's way of letting you know it's happy.

Turf Dawg
03-31-2010, 11:56 PM
:laugh:Awww that is so cute, the machine's way of letting you know it's happy.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I really think it is the opposite, because mine will do that when I hit a good bump-----------kind of like it is saying "Hey watch it pal"

gmcplowtruck
04-01-2010, 04:29 AM
i have an 07 and it does it too dealer said its supposed too nothing you can do about it just slow down

04-01-2010, 10:34 AM
I believe I am going to try to lightly reinforce the spring some and see if I can't find a happy medium. Maybe zip tie a zip tie along (LOL) the arm. To give the spring just enough stiffness to resist alarming on bumps but allowing it to alarm when full.

I hate rigging stuff, but if it stops the chirp-chirp, then rigging will commence.

04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
One more thing on this machine. The GHS blower belt came loose from the pulley yesterday in some tall grass. The belt looks a little worn and I want to replace it. Their is no room in between the starter and the pulley for the blower for the belt to come out. I guess the starter has to come out. It has a 20HP Kohler. Any suggestions?

flatlander42
04-01-2010, 11:07 AM
I just wear my hearing protection, and it don't bug me too much.

Jason Rose
04-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I had a hi-dump model for a few days and it was horrible about chirping the alarm all the time. It wasn't even that rough of ground it would do it on. Yes it will drive u nuts even with earplugs.

The fill alarm in general drives me crazy, tho its a necessary evil. I call it walker turrets, when the alarm beeps I automatically blurt out a swear word! It never fails the its full in the back corner and or two passes from being done.
Posted via Mobile Device