PDA

View Full Version : difference in snapper pro s200x and s200xt

bigfish5
03-31-2010, 09:41 PM
Which on of these is the top of the line? I am a noobie here so go easy but what is the difference here.

s200x Transmission has ,12 cc Hydro-Gear pumps & 15 cc Hydro-Gear wheel motors

s200xt has ZT-5400 Hydro-Gear transaxles

can anyone explain this some, thanks. still studying ztr's like a fool.

bigfish5
03-31-2010, 09:42 PM
i do not know if this is against the rules. if it is someone please tell me , but here is the spec page comparing those two mowers. Its either one of these or a 2010 toro z500

http://www.snapperpro.com/s200x_full_specs

js_landscape&design
03-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Bigfish5 I would have to believe the 200xt is more "top of the line" than the 200x. The 200xt has the zt-5400 transaxles which I believe is becoming more popular because this allows the ztr to have a faster transport speed. That's what Husqvarna is using on their new machines with that capability. The 200xt also has flat front tires and a different braking system.

However, I wouldn't think that 28hp Vanguard engine would be top of the line. The 32hp has a little more output and you can also get the kawasaki(s) on the 200x, which are the best engines hands down. Either model should be an excellent choice.

WholeSaleSteve
04-01-2010, 12:07 AM
Hi Big,

Looks like you are about 40 or so minutes from my store. I am in Gainesville, Florida and have over 150 Ztrs and mowers in stock. I am a full line Snapper Pro dealer. My cell phone is in my signature. I would be happy to answer any of your questions. Also, I can let you have a demo for a day or two and see what you think about it in real wolrd use.

I have the lowest prices anywhere and will make you the best deal. I have a 27HP Kaw Snapper Pro with a 61" deck. Its a demo and has 200hrs on it but looks brand new. It is selling for $5,999.99 plus tax. I have brand new units for alittle more.

I hope we can meet and talk about your purchase.

Thanks!

skipslade
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I too am curious regarding the essential difference between the hydro transmissions used on these two models. Snapper puts bigger engines and larger mowing decks on the 200X which leads me to believe that the Hydro-Gear ZT-5400 system is lighter duty.

I've been offered the 200XT out of the box for $6700. This is the best deal I've been able to uncover on any commercial type zero-turn in my part of Southwestern Virginia. The only reason I haven't pulled the trigger is this unit's transmission.

I'll be mowing a good number of rather steep slopes. Several zero-turn operators in this area have indicated that they've experienced transmission woes due to the hilly terrain. Does anyone know how reliable and durable this unit is likely to be?

Thanks in advance.

Shasta Lake Landscaping
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Xt stands for xtra torque...not sure if that helps.

yard_dawg
08-27-2010, 10:07 AM
i have also been looking at this mower. I have found it for 6400.00 Just not sure enough about the tranny to pull the trigger on 2 of them.