PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Plug Wiring Question

trip5981
04-01-2010, 01:05 AM
Hello, I have a 06 Ford F-250 SuperDuty Diesel. Im wiring a 7 plug trailer harness on a trailer. The truck came factory with a 7 & 4 plug hook on the back. The problem I am finding is I only have power to 4 of the 7 wires on the back of the truck (brake, signals, & markers/tails). I feel like I am missing something as simple as adding a fuse but I'm looking for input from you guys that probably know. As always Thanks in advance.

trip5981

unkownfl
04-01-2010, 01:08 AM
batt aux and ground are the rest you may need a fuse. The trailer fuse is under the hood its a small fuse

trip5981
04-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Battery Aux, and the reverse option were the 2 that I know I didnt have power to. Im working on getting the brake controller installed so I wont know if it works until then.

unkownfl
04-01-2010, 01:15 AM
battery, aux, and the ground batt and aux are two different landings

trip5981
04-01-2010, 01:37 AM
Theres marker, 2 signal, brake, reverse option, ground, & aux power to charge the break away battery right? I think I left a comma out on the last post sorry.

unkownfl
04-01-2010, 01:42 AM
http://rvbasics.com/techtips/rv-travel-trailer-plug-wiring.html

Break away has no battery. Battery is for electric brakes that the break away sends a signal too in a nut shell there is also a aux for say back up lights or camera that is not wired from the factory. Break away is just a steel cable that pulls a plug that allows the breaks to complete a circuit to the battery.

Petr51488
04-01-2010, 02:23 AM
The constant hot will charge your battery on the trailer. It won't give it full juice in a few hours, but it will slowly charge it... almost like a trickle charger. Also the hot wire will provide you with interior lights when the truck is not on but trailer is connected.

JS&L
04-28-2010, 11:03 AM
http://rvbasics.com/techtips/rv-travel-trailer-plug-wiring.html

Break away has no battery. Battery is for electric brakes that the break away sends a signal too in a nut shell there is also a aux for say back up lights or camera that is not wired from the factory. Break away is just a steel cable that pulls a plug that allows the breaks to complete a circuit to the battery.

actually the battery is only there for the break away!