PDA

View Full Version : mulch advice

redskinsfan34
04-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey guys. I'm in Michigan and got a call for my first larger mulch job. Large to me is more than 1 yard. I need some advice on pricing. I'll be picking up and delivering the mulch myself. Average price around here is $30/yard. Any advice appreciated.

hackitdown
04-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Well you have 2 options. Pick it up at a bulk supplier or have the supplier deliver it.

If your f250 is not a dumptruck, then you may want to buy a "Loadhandler", they work well. Otherwise, just shovel it out of your truck into a wheelbarrow(s).

If you have the supplier deliver the mulch, I suggest having it dumped on the asphalt. Bring a large plastic shovel, or a pitchfork. Shovel from driveway into wheelbarrow(s).

Bring rakes, I use both a garden rake and a leaf rake. Bring your blower to clean up.

rreyn1812
04-01-2010, 09:59 PM
The mulch around here is about the same. I bought 4 yards today for a job @ about $28/yd for shredded hardwood mulch. Drove to the supplier, have him load on my trailer, then drive to the customer. I charge for the mulch, a delivery cost to cover fuel, time, etc., and an unload cost. It took about 1.5 to 2 hrs to unload via 2 wheelbarrows and put into the flower beds. I got $400 for the job with $112 material cost and a couple of hours cleaning the beds. Hope this helps!