PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet M50

Huckster
04-01-2010, 10:58 AM
I sold my Exmark 60" Lazer Z over the winter and now need a new zero turn. I only have 4 personal properties to mow now so no need for the 60" anymore. I found a 2006 M50 with 493 hours one owner and used only for residential. How are these? I only have about 3 acres to mow a week. I know even the Cub is overkill for my properties but I don't want the big box store junk or a lawn tractor. Got used to the Commerical machines and want another. Is the Cub ok and will it last? It has a 23hp Kohler and I think a stamped deck not a fab deck. I really want the Toro or Exmark but can't find one at the price of the Cub. I can pick it up for $2200. What do you guys think

Huckster
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
How are the hydros on the M50 tank. Are they integrated if so I don't think I am interested.

unkownfl
04-01-2010, 04:18 PM
If its a tank it has a fabricated deck as far as I know. I have a Lesco and the hydro system is like any other ZTR with cooling fans added. The Lesco ztwo and tanks are identical machines.

Huckster
04-03-2010, 09:38 PM
I went to buy it buy when I got there it was not what I was expecting. After owning an Exmark it look not as well built. It looked like a homeowner model. The deck was super thin and beat up. If it had a fab deck it would be a whole lot better. So I'm still looking.