PDA

View Full Version : 737 757 mulch kit

spadjen
04-01-2010, 03:13 PM
have a 737 and wanted to get a mulch kit. dealer said they just changed part numbers this year and the price on the kit went up from $175 to $285. anyone know where to get a kit for less? anyone have a mulch kit? is it worth it to even order it? never used a mulch on a zero turn.

ramcat
04-01-2010, 06:37 PM
even for the extra cost i think they are worth it....should they be that much? NO but i never thought much of mulching until i tried it and now i don't side discharge at all, the 7-iron is amazing with the mulch kit and you don't spray grass into everyone's mulch beds....i can't say enough about it. It even works very well in heavy wet grass, no clumping at all but you better have enough power, the mulch kit does take more power.

spadjen
04-01-2010, 08:05 PM
i think you talked me into it. not that it was that hard lol. yeah i have been hearing good things bout the mulch kit but never seen a job after the fact. my 737 is a 54" deck with a 23hp kawasaki. u think that would be enough to get a good mulch?

thanks for your help.

williams lcm
04-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Mulch kits are great. Well worth the extra money. Leave a great cut

ramcat
04-01-2010, 10:59 PM
your 737 will do the job....i just meant that they take a lot of power when you have real heavy wet and thick grass....you might just have to go a little slower than the bigger tractors but it won't leave clumps and after you are done it will look like you bagged it. All the clippings are very small and chopped up and the best thing is mulching keeps the lawns healthier and greener too! You WONT be disapointed

spadjen
04-02-2010, 02:23 AM
i am going to have them order one tomorrow. should be here in 5 days. hope it does not take 5 days to install....lol. someone said should take bout an hour or something or 30 mins if you have the deck off. did anyone have to drill any holes for the install?

ramcat
04-02-2010, 08:20 PM
i did have to drill holes in my deck and it was the biggest pain because the spindle gets in the way of your drill. I did the dumb thing and reemed the hole too big and now the carraige bolt spins when i try to tighten it.....the only problem is that i don't know a better way :confused: unless you have a really compact drill and small bit....im not sure....but its only two holes i just use a vice grip now to tighten them and i only put it on, and then take it off once in a year so its not too bad.