PDA

View Full Version : shindaiwa eb8520

docjones
04-01-2010, 11:37 PM
hey everyone.....wanted to pick your brains and see if anyone else has heard this or if my dealer is full of crap.....ordered a new shindaiwa eb8520 with the throttle on tube.....what came in was a hip throttle....dealer said shindaiwa is no longer making this model with the tube throttle and has a new blower coming to market in june or something......anyway, i didn't take the blower....i really prefer the throttle on tube personally.....has anyone else heard of a new shindy blower coming out and if the 8520 no longer comes with tube throttle?

bigclawnman
04-01-2010, 11:55 PM
I bought the same blower about 2 years ago with the hip throttle....I would not have another mower that size with out it. To be honest I never knew that they had a tube throttle.....

hey everyone.....wanted to pick your brains and see if anyone else has heard this or if my dealer is full of crap.....ordered a new shindaiwa eb8520 with the throttle on tube.....what came in was a hip throttle....dealer said shindaiwa is no longer making this model with the tube throttle and has a new blower coming to market in june or something......anyway, i didn't take the blower....i really prefer the throttle on tube personally.....has anyone else heard of a new shindy blower coming out and if the 8520 no longer comes with tube throttle?

docjones
04-02-2010, 12:01 AM
if you check their website, it's the eb8520 rt model which shows a picture with the tube throttle.

Alan0354
04-02-2010, 04:15 AM
The RT is tube throttle.

Merkava_4
04-02-2010, 05:31 AM
I've been thinking about starting a thread on this subject, but now I don't have to. :D

What's the advantage of having a tube throttle over a hip throttle, and visa/versa?

K/B
04-02-2010, 07:55 AM
I've been thinking about starting a thread on this subject, but now I don't have to. :D

What's the advantage of having a tube throttle over a hip throttle, and visa/versa?

Tube throttle keeps one hand free for other things, but it's very much a preference thing....some guys hate tube throttles and other guys love it.

joed
04-02-2010, 08:43 AM

The models I have seen here in Canada all have the throttle on the tube. Have you been able to use the 8520 yet? What are your thoughts on it?

K/B
04-02-2010, 09:26 AM

The EB8520 and the EB8520/RT are both discontinued, we should be seeing new models soon as part of Shindaiwa's 4 stroke marketing makeover. The new models will be red and called Hybrid4 instead of C4, and different model number designations.

joed
04-02-2010, 07:14 PM
The EB8520 and the EB8520/RT are both discontinued, we should be seeing new models soon as part of Shindaiwa's 4 stroke marketing makeover. The new models will be red and called Hybrid4 instead of C4, and different model number designations.

Will the specifications be the same? I was all set to get an eb8520 but now I might hold off until these new models come out.

djagusch
04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Will the specifications be the same? I was all set to get an eb8520 but now I might hold off until these new models come out.

The rep was at my dealer Thursday and it sounds like it is a sticker and color change. That is what he said at least. I'm just going with the 802.

Alan0354
04-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Tube throttle enable you to hold a hand held with your left hand. During the leaf season, you're going to need extra help!!!

K/B
04-03-2010, 07:55 AM

There's not much information out yet, but from what I understand it's like a previous poster stated, a sticker and color change.

K-OS
04-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Tube throttle enable you to hold a hand held with your left hand. During the leaf season, you're going to need extra help!!!

I'm sorry dude, if I saw a local contractor with a backpack and a handheld in each arm, I think I would start laughing.

No offense, I just don't see the point. Might as well hire another backpack blower IMO.

Alan0354
04-04-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm sorry dude, if I saw a local contractor with a backpack and a handheld in each arm, I think I would start laughing.

No offense, I just don't see the point. Might as well hire another backpack blower IMO.

Quite a few people here tried and like it!!!

rob7233
04-04-2010, 06:50 AM

Where did you hear this information from and how recent is this news? Seems around here it's not common knowledge among Shindaiwa Dealers.