PDA

View Full Version : Toro TurboForce - Do They Bag Well?

SMALLTIME22
04-02-2010, 01:16 AM
I demoed a 52 GS last spring and liked it. Last fall I tried lining up another demo but told the dealer I wanted to see how it did with a catcher for leaf collection. Same dealer has been very responsive in the past but never got back to me on this one. Either the dealer is lazy or I was on to something. Planned on waiting a season to get the kinks out and then evaluate my needs again this year.
Nobody can dispute what this deck does just cutting wet or dry grass.....

But how does it bag leaves and such?

Does all that "turboforce" translate to blowout when containing light fluffy leaves? Nothing p's me off more than watching leaves float over into the line i just cut.

topsites
04-02-2010, 02:07 AM
I guess the dealer saw some tire kicking in all of that, the man gave you one of his brand
new mowers to ride around and you're still wondering if you should buy it...

As for the bagging, I don't need a bagging system to test how well a lawn mower handles leaves,
I can tell you for a fact that mowers handle leaves a little better than motorcycles keep me dry in the rain,
you want a leaf collection system then get one but don't expect one machine to do the work of another.

Landscraper1
04-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Dealer was good enough to let you demo already, once. You, asking to demo again is just a waste of his time.

ALC-GregH
04-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I guess the dealer saw some tire kicking in all of that, the man gave you one of his brand
new mowers to ride around and you're still wondering if you should buy it...

As for the bagging, I don't need a bagging system to test how well a lawn mower handles leaves,
I can tell you for a fact that mowers handle leaves a little better than motorcycles keep me dry in the rain,
you want a leaf collection system then get one but don't expect one machine to do the work of another.

TS, if he demos 20 mowers, is he obligated to buy them all?

All mowers cut grass and most all will bag the grass too. Why wouldn't you expect one machine to do the same work as another? Did you PM the mods last night because you couldn't take the heat? :rolleyes:

mowerbrad
04-02-2010, 09:41 AM
I've found that at least one brand doesn't bag as well as others, which is one reason why I have a new mower now.

I actually have demoed a toro turbo force mower with their bagging system on it. I didn't demo it during leaf season, just during the normal mowing season and it did a great job picking up all the grass. I was very impressed with it. I'm sure it would have no trouble with leaves.

Eurosport
04-02-2010, 10:29 AM
I have a Toro Z453 48 inch turbo force with twin bagger and it bags very well. Of course you will get some blow out with light leaves on uneven ground but all in all its works well.

WholeSaleSteve
04-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Hello,

I am a Toro dealer and I assure you the Turbo Force is one heck of a bagging deck. If you buy a model with the 3 position baffle you will get even better performace as you can set the adjustable baffle to the mowing conditions...i.e wet grass, tall grass, bagging or mulching. The baffle really helps if you use it properly.

Small if you are willing to drive to North Florida I will make you an unbelieveable deal!

Thanks and good luck!

SMALLTIME22
04-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Thanks to those who had the capacity to read, understand and answer my question on 'bagging' leaves. Also, I agree that most mowers do a fair job cutting and catching grass

Others may feel the need to start their own thread on how well they assume they know a dealer and the brand new demo machine.......I am almost positive there is a dealer forum on the web where dealers can complain about guys like me. But the truth of the matter is that i dont have time to kick tires and demoing a mower always costs me time. If a dealer wants my business then they better provide the same kind of service my customers expect from me. If its a hassle for them to set up a demo with a grass catcher then my investment should go elsewhere.

Others may want to dazzle us with how well they can anticipate a decks bagging performance without using a bagger. This is so very truly not that amazing common sense. And since my common sense raised the question based on the deck design, I decided it was worth a thread here on this usually wonderful site.

My 1334 Gravely wb bags leaves better than the roof over my head keeps me dry. So since I did not in any way mention a collection system nor indicate that I expect this mower to act as a vac system.....i just want answers to my question from people who have used the mower for 'bagging'. This way, I dont have to make the sales rep at my dealer get off his stool for a record second time

But again, i really do appreciate all that responded with their input on Toro TurboForce - Do They Bag Well?

Sorry Steve but no trips to FL unless someone gives me a free Duramax with a whole lotta free time