PDA

View Full Version : Dust Muzzle/Saw Muzzle

Woodland
04-02-2010, 07:31 AM
Last summer I posted about finding a better way to dry cut pavers with a circular saw. I use a worm drive and someone suggested looking at the dust muzzle - http://www.dustmuzzle.com - It looks like a good idea and I want to give it a try. I'm wondering if anyone else has used one and how they like it. Also wondering about the vacuum to pair with it. On the site they sell some high performance vacuums from Nilfisk. The standard unit runs about $700 which is doable (although probably not the cheapest place to find one) if it will do the job. How about using my small "shop vac" for starters. It obviously wont work as well as the Nilfisk but would it be sufficient for starters. I hate the idea of spending $700 on a vacuum just to find out I don't really like the $60 muzzle!

PlatinumLandCon
04-02-2010, 02:24 PM
That looks like a pretty cool tool, especially if your site is somewhat small or close to surrounding cars/neighbours/ etc. I would test it out with a shop vac, the only issue would be the filter getting jammed really quick IMO