PDA

View Full Version : New Gas Can?

SouthSide Cutter
04-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Just seen a gas can in a friends truck. Looks like it pours horitzontal and has a push button on it. He wasnt around and I have not seen these anywhere and it looked new. Looks alot better than the piece of chit blitz I am using now. Hate the new necks.

Snapper Pro
04-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Yea those are nice i have one they have a stainless steel filter screen and a life time warranty.If u spill much gas with this can your just careless.When you let off the button the gas stops quick.Just be careful when pressure builds up and release it before you start to pour if you don't you will blow gas everywhere.

lilweeds
04-03-2010, 10:26 AM
They are call no spill cans. You can get them at lots of places, but not HD, Lowes, ect....

Richard Martin
04-03-2010, 10:46 AM
For the OP...

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb56/RMartin631/smilies/worthless.gif

AOD
04-03-2010, 10:57 AM
For the win.

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=NS+1405&catID=9923

I've used these for saws and handheld stuff, they rock! The 5 gal version has a rear handle for easier pouring into mowers and such. They're the only CARB can I've used that doesn't completely blow chunks.

topsites
04-03-2010, 11:58 AM
No offense to you guys but all this is just more bull crap gasoline
container junk that someone would like me to believe is somehow
better than all the rest of the regulated fuel can garbage.

Again, I mean no offense because I realize the choice is limited to this type of crockery
because a decent fuel container hasn't been made since that law passed.

Years have went by, YEARS!!!
And still we complain unanimously about this horse load of manure.
How do laws like this continue to exist?

AOD
04-03-2010, 07:44 PM
No offense to you guys but all this is just more bull crap gasoline
container junk that someone would like me to believe is somehow
better than all the rest of the regulated fuel can garbage.

Again, I mean no offense because I realize the choice is limited to this type of crockery
because a decent fuel container hasn't been made since that law passed.

Years have went by, YEARS!!!
And still we complain unanimously about this horse load of manure.
How do laws like this continue to exist?

Dude, if I had the choice between one of these and an old fashioned can I'd use this one. It is without a doubt the easiest to use can for small equipment that I have ever come across. Every other design for a CARB can I have seen is absolute garbage, except this one.

siclmn
04-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I agree the No Spill gas can is the best one out there. All you do is push a button and the gas flows out. For some reason there are a group of people on this forum that hate them and I don't know why. They work perfectly for me. But you must remember to always push the button to release the pressure before you pour the gas.

lilweeds
04-03-2010, 08:59 PM
For small equipment you can't do better. Now for something larger they still don't flow as fast as the old ones.

GrassIsGreenerLawnCare
04-03-2010, 09:04 PM
i was gonna say the same thing...the pressure builds up in em real easily. and the on/off button breaks off if you are too rough with it after a while

ed2hess
04-03-2010, 09:57 PM
I agree the No Spill gas can is the best one out there. All you do is push a button and the gas flows out. For some reason there are a group of people on this forum that hate them and I don't know why. They work perfectly for me. But you must remember to always push the button to release the pressure before you pour the gas.
There is one major problem with those and it is how they react to temp change. On a cold day with no liquid in it the can was all shrunk up and on hot days it blows up. Put a small pin hole in it and you got leaking gas. And this plastic stuff is junk....like Tops say the harder they work the more gas we spill. Nice for homeowners and owner operators and that is all.

Lbilawncare
04-03-2010, 11:09 PM
I am a big fan of the no-spill cans for 2-cycle equip. There is the issue of gas expansion, I just hit the button if needed. We usually fill up enough that it doesn't become an issue.

boomtruck26
04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
WE have 3 of them now and love them! Only problem is sometime the plastic end splits but the sell a replacement for it for 4 or 5$. Well worth the the money considering your not spilling gas all over the ground or leaking out top.

topsites
04-06-2010, 09:42 PM
I use this gas can where I stick my credit card in the one end, it's got a nozzle
on the other with quite the hose to it, then I can select what grade I want and
boy that stuff really comes out, too!

I tell you what, when there are two stations I like to pull my truck to the front one, get that nozzle
in the tank flowing, then go activate the second station and start fueling up the crap on my trailer!

Ain't too many people have seen guys hogging and then running two fuel stations at once, but I do it all the time.
Then when I'm done filling up I simply place the nozzle back in its receptacle, and git.

Works awesome, I do believe most gasoline stations have at least one of those things,
maybe some of y'all really should try that.

CVOMike
04-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Even if you don't like the can, it's worth watching "No Spill Jill" video #1. She's hot !

http://www.nospill.com/index.php

MikeKle
04-06-2010, 11:43 PM
If you really want the old style cans, you still can find them, but you will have to look around a bit more, there is a little shop down in rural Walton here in KY that this old timer runs, he sells all kinds of stuff from CDs to push mowers, new and used stuff basically, he still sells the old style cans brand new, they have red, yellow and blue, but Ive only seen the 5 gal type there lately. I still have one of the smaller ones, so Im good and I no longer use a 5 gal can anyway. A few places still sell these cans, just look around, also maybe try flea markets or Ebay, craigslist?

apexlawn03
04-13-2010, 10:47 PM
I have three cans and are a couple years old. Broke the fill on 1 and have to agree that the cans expand and contract with temp changes. Not so sure I like how they have broke appears like plastic got brittle and cracked. Will have to order replacement top fill