PDA

View Full Version : Any Echo PB 770 blower updates?

joed
04-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Anyone have any more feedback on the new Echo PB 770 blower? How does it compare to the other big boys: Redmax 8001/Husky 180bt, Shindaiwa EB802/EB8520 etc?

Weeded!
04-03-2010, 04:08 AM
i have redmax 8000s and 8001 (same machine).
I think it is hands down the best blower I have used in terms of sheer blowing force.

I had many carb issues with Echo. When i said something to the echo rep he said "huh" and that was it. This was at the dealer. Later the dealer told me "that's why people are stopping buying Echos." I stopped long ago.

LawnGuy73
04-03-2010, 09:14 AM
Anyone have any more feedback on the new Echo PB 770 blower? How does it compare to the other big boys: Redmax 8001/Husky 180bt, Shindaiwa EB802/EB8520 etc?

WTF? Had I known this was coming out I would have waited. I just added another PB755 yesterday.... Damn it all!

Weeded!
04-03-2010, 11:10 AM
WTF? Had I known this was coming out I would have waited. I just added another PB755 yesterday.... Damn it all!

You cracked me up! But i think it's "Damnitall."

If you have a good relationship with the dealer and it is not used (or at least seems that way) then they may take it back.

Cboy7
04-03-2010, 11:48 AM
i have redmax 8000s and 8001 (same machine).
I think it is hands down the best blower I have used in terms of sheer blowing force.

I had many carb issues with Echo. When i said something to the echo rep he said "huh" and that was it. This was at the dealer. Later the dealer told me "that's why people are stopping buying Echos." I stopped long ago.

had same thing on a echo edger i bought last year. wouldnt restart once it was hot.
dealer said theres nothing he can do. I said then its not worth a thing to me , here take it.
so finally he installed a bigger baffle between the carb and cylinder . much better

tallimeca
04-04-2010, 08:21 AM

It's a shame that Echo doesn't make the carburetors........ You know who does? The same company that makes them for RedMax........hahaha. And everyone else.....:hammerhead:

Feedback has been awesome. Downside is we have a ton of the Redmax in stock and they are now being passed over. 100 CFM for less money, and a smaller cc engine that's more fuel efficient is hard to pass up. Echo has something big with this new blower.

LawnGuy73
04-04-2010, 09:25 AM
You cracked me up! But i think it's "Damnitall."

If you have a good relationship with the dealer and it is not used (or at least seems that way) then they may take it back.

lol, thanks for the help.

I think I'll just keep the 755, they are great blowers and Echo website doesn't have much information about the 770.

Weeded!
04-04-2010, 11:42 AM
It's a shame that Echo doesn't make the carburetors........ You know who does? The same company that makes them for RedMax........hahaha. And everyone else.....:hammerhead:

Feedback has been awesome. Downside is we have a ton of the Redmax in stock and they are now being passed over. 100 CFM for less money, and a smaller cc engine that's more fuel efficient is hard to pass up. Echo has something big with this new blower.

Ok - you made me think about this...it was about 4-5 years ago.

It may have been an overheating problem. We lost two echo blowers to scorching or somthing like that in the pistons.

Carbs on two cycle are still a problem for us - on the blowers and trimmers. If you have any suggestions on keeping the carbs clean and motors running in general I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

joed
04-04-2010, 01:46 PM
lol, thanks for the help.

I think I'll just keep the 755, they are great blowers and Echo website doesn't have much information about the 770.

Here's a link to the Canadian website of echo. It has some information on the PB 770
http://www.echo.ca/products_detailed.aspx?CategoryID=5&ProductID=146

mictrik
04-05-2010, 01:24 AM
Ok - you made me think about this...it was about 4-5 years ago.

It may have been an overheating problem. We lost two echo blowers to scorching or somthing like that in the pistons.

Carbs on two cycle are still a problem for us - on the blowers and trimmers. If you have any suggestions on keeping the carbs clean and motors running in general I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Well I would use premium high octane fuel in the summer from a high volume station. You can try a premium synthetic oil like an Amsoil, Stihl synthetic or Motul. If you are having problems keeping the carbs clean make sure you are changing the air and fuel filters and consider running Seafoam or Techron in your mix once in a while.
One last thought; make sure your carbs are properly adjusted (if adjustable) too rich and you could experience carbon build up, too lean and you could "burn up" the engine...

Alan0354
04-05-2010, 04:19 AM

One day?! Can you go exchange or return?

LawnGuy73
04-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Here's a link to the Canadian website of echo. It has some information on the PB 770
http://www.echo.ca/products_detailed.aspx?CategoryID=5&ProductID=146

Thanks, I'll check it out.

LawnGuy73
04-05-2010, 07:54 AM
One day?! Can you go exchange or return?

Like I said, I think I'll just keep it. The 755 is a great blower, I t would have been nice just look and the 770.

Lagniappe
04-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I bought the Echo 770T, and it came in a couple of weeks ago. The more I use it, the happier I am with it. Don't have anything to compare it to besides for my Echo PB-251, and needless to say there is no comparison.

A friend of mine down the road solely uses RedMax, kept trying to get me to buy a RedMax. Well, I was mowing my own yard, saw him pass. Next thing I hear is my backpack, as I am finishing up edging. After he got done, he is now an Echo fan. He told me that my 770 can push better than his 8001.

I have only run Echo equipment. I use 89 Octane, and their synthetic oil, change my air filter, spark plug, and fuel filter. My trimmer is 7-8 years old, and starts on the second pull.

TheCutAboveTheRest
04-05-2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.echo-usa.com/pdf/catalog/Blowers10.pdf

tobylou8
03-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I've owned a Stihl br600, Shindie 8520, 854 and now the Echo770. The Echo 770 is HANDS DOWN THE BEST BIG BLOWER I"VE OWNED. Starts 2nd pull (when choked) EVERY time. Much more comfortable than any previous blower I've used. Easy on the gas too.