PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat MT52?

mkwl
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
I have the opportunity to buy an '06 Bobcat MT52 with 250 hrs on it for $8,500. Is this a good machine? Good deal?

Anyone have one- how do you like it?

oakwdman
04-02-2010, 11:03 PM
Seems like a lot for a 4 year old machine now, w/o a bagger I dont think that machine broke the $10k mark when new. Low hours is nice though, idk exactly what it is worth or what I'd necessarily pay for it but $8.5k seems kinda steep.

BrandonV
04-02-2010, 11:05 PM
good price, that's 1/2 of what it's be new and its not even broken in yet.

mkwl
04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
Seems like a lot for a 4 year old machine now, w/o a bagger I dont think that machine broke the $10k mark when new. Low hours is nice though, idk exactly what it is worth or what I'd necessarily pay for it but $8.5k seems kinda steep.

Bagger on a mini skidsteer?????

mkwl
04-02-2010, 11:43 PM
good price, that's 1/2 of what it's be new and its not even broken in yet.

That's what I'd heard- buddy of mine has the same one- he loves it- I wanted to get other opinions first- thanks.

oakwdman
04-02-2010, 11:48 PM
Holy sh*t. Biggest brainfart in the history of ls. I thought you were talking about a ztr. I'm pretty sure their older ztr have similar model names. I was wonderin why the header of the site was brown not green lol. I need to start reading posts more carefully lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device

mkwl
04-02-2010, 11:52 PM
Holy sh*t. Biggest brainfart in the history of ls. I thought you were talking about a ztr. I'm pretty sure their older ztr have similar model names. I was wonderin why the header of the site was brown not green lol. I need to start reading posts more carefully lmao.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's okay- brain farts happen lol

esnipe8
04-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Truely amazing machine. I love mine. I wish we would have bought one years ago.
That price seems very fair for the hours. I would have a mechanic look it over to make there are not any major issues. My has over 1100 hours and still works like a hourse.

mario491
04-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I have one, it is unstoppable in wet conditions, and a great all around piece to have.

SCAPEASAURUSREX
05-22-2010, 07:43 AM
I am also looking at one ? any experience with use of stump grinding attachments on them ? and augers ? how effecintly does it work for grading and using the mini hoe ? Thanks

SCAPEASAURUSREX
05-22-2010, 07:44 AM
how would you compare it to the similar Dingo version ? the only diff I see is the platform that the bobcat has ?

mario491
05-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Dingo has a good product also. but service in my area was not close, so i decided on bobcat, great machine. As far as stump grinder i have that attachment, it works good, but i would not reccommend doing stumps over
12-14" in diameter, it can do larger but it is a little slow. Grapple attachment is a must. I think having a auger attachment is a waste, the only thing you can do it is dig a hole. I have a mini excavator to do all digging, using both of
these peices is very efficient and versitile.

White Gardens
05-23-2010, 12:10 AM
I'd get a Vermeer S600TX, or a Ditchwitch St650 before I got a Bobcat.

One reason being is that the Sulky platform on the Bobcat (unless it's the newer fixed version) kinda sucks and I never liked walking behind any mini, and the platform on the Boxer and Bobcat didn't feel comfortable.

The Vermeer and the Ditchwitch have more of an actual built in platform design that feels safer, and more comfortable to me.

The other reason I didn't buy a bobcat is that the attachment plate is different from all the other manufactures out there. I like the fact that I can rent almost any attachment at any rental house for my Vermeer, so I don't have to go specifically to one place to rent anything.

Not dissing the bobcat by any means, but I didn't think it fit my needs.

lawnangel1
05-31-2010, 12:11 AM
I agree with the above, I think Ditch Witch makes one of the better mini skids.

Caterkillar
05-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Sounds like a fair deal. I think all the mini-skids are good except for that boxer pos. I have owned a bobcat mt52 and it was a nice machine. Very smooth diesel engine, good hand controls, good speed. But I prefer my dingo 425 to anything out there.