PDA

View Full Version : Pesticide Test SC

Premier landscaping south
04-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Went to Clemson University Extension office to get my study books for pesticides test preparation. First book is for the core test and the other is turf and ornamental. Cost was $40 for both. Then when I take the test it will be another $100 for both core and turf. These are fairly large books and will take some time to read and to absorb. I can hold my own although the Lord knows I have not come from a great line of thinkers.

Don't take this question the wrong way, I do have a passion to learn and become knowledgeable and safe. At the same time a natural question has arrived. How tough is the test? Should I study for 6 months take notes and be quizzed and know everything up and down before I am able to pass? (a voice in my head says yes, you should not worry about just getting by you should know everything their is to know).

Has anyone if you are man enough to admit it, fail the test due to the difficulty of questions?

topsites
04-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Well...

Ever fail your driver's license test?
Don't laugh, it happens.
Mostly to people who didn't study.

How hard is it, I can get about a 70% score not studying at all, but that's a fail.

It ain't the final exam to the Master's degree from Harvard, but there are enough questions that include
factual information from the book, if you didn't read it, you can only guess and that's almost a guaranteed fail.
The rest, there are a lot of common sense questions so if you don't know 100% of everything you should still pass.

So read through the whole thing and I find the best way to study is quiet time,
and while reading it has to make some sort of sense, because if it's not registering
then it's not doing any good.
And maybe you knew as much...

But I'd definitely put some serious effort into it, so that you don't have to be scared the morning of,
and it's really not even that, it's the wasted money more than anything.
So bone up good so you can go in there knowing you'll pass and that's the end of that.

Cboy7
04-02-2010, 10:46 PM
Hey I just renewed mine and used http://www.bobkesslerceu.com

they are $15 per ceu and you can take it online.
go to bottom left of the website and they have a free practice test , to help you get great grades.

Premier landscaping south
04-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Well...

Ever fail your driver's license test?
Don't laugh, it happens.
Mostly to people who didn't study.

How hard is it, I can get about a 70% score not studying at all, but that's a fail.
So read through the whole thing and I find the best way to study is quiet time,
and while reading it has to make some sort of sense, because if it's not registering
then it's not doing any good.
And maybe you knew as much...

It ain't the final exam to the Master's degree from Harvard.

But I'd definitely put some serious effort into it, so that you don't have to be scared the morning of,
and it's really not even that, it's the wasted money more than anything.
So bone up good so you can go in there knowing you'll pass and that's the end of that.

Thanks, I picking up what your laying down my friend. Not only would it be embarrassing but loosing a $100 in the process would add insult to injury.

DaddyRabbit
04-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Don't sweat it. I'm not even in the Biz but I took it upon myself to get my pesticide license. I had them long ago but I let them expire. I went to the local ag office and obtained some applicable material and passed it, no problem. With that being said, in my fledgling Federal yrs we had to take a math test called the DF-100 which was the most difficult test I've ever taken. I think I made a 78 and was very proud of it.