PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a Diesel Toro Zmaster....

ToroLandscaper
04-02-2010, 11:37 PM
I just bought a 2008 60" Toro Zmaster diesel with 820 hours on it for 7,200. How does this price sound? Also, the mower is in very good shape and I feel that it was well maintained.

Also, anything I need to look out for or anything I need to keep an eye on?

Hometown
04-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Price sounds decent what model is it? What is the engine in the mower?

Cboy7
04-02-2010, 11:48 PM
sounds about right , not too low, not too high.

ToroLandscaper
04-03-2010, 12:48 AM
The engine is a 25hp Kubota, also the guy said that he can get all the service records if I ever needed them for any reason, and he is also the only owner and bought it brand new, then went out of business.

ToroLandscaper
04-03-2010, 02:43 AM
If it is a 2007 it has the 25hp Kubota correct? Or does it have the 23hp Kubota? Does anyone know? Any help is very appreciated!

WholeSaleSteve
04-03-2010, 10:41 AM
ToroLandscaper, congrats on your new mower. You should get many many hours of good service out it. Sound like the pervious owner took good care of it! Honestly, at 700hrs the dielse engine ins't even brokne in. I have customers at my dealershipe with over 4,000hrs on this exact model. one of my customers has 4,600 hours on his and its still going strong!!

If anyone is interested I have brand new Turbo Force diesels for $11,199.99 brand new with the 5 year warranty in my store. Cash price.

Goodluck!

WholeSaleSteve
04-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Next time Danny is in my store with his at 4,600 hrs ill try to remmeber to take a pic!! It looks great for this many hours.

AOD
04-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Some guys really know how to take care of their stuff and it looks and runs great with so many hours. Others, not so much. You should see how fast that jail work release inmates can destroy a piece of equipment.

WholeSaleSteve
04-03-2010, 01:01 PM
Oh yes, you are right!! I had a county crew that uses inmates bring in a 74" Dixie Chopper Excalibur with a broken front castor. They actually had a cell phone video (one of the supervisors took it) of them making a ramp and jumping the mower over it at full speed. They thought it was funny and joked it wasnt their money.

ToroLandscaper
04-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Well I mowed today with it and absolutely loved it, the power is incredible and of course the cut is as good as the turbo force has always been. All in all I am very please....

HOWEVER!!

I went to check the air filter after I mowed two yards, and there WAS NOT ONE IN THERE!! :dizzy::hammerhead::nono::cry:. Needless to say I stopped mowing and parked the mower until I can get one...

It is beyond me why I did not check it before I bought it, but it just slipped mine mind. Luckily I had only mowed two yards and it did not seem too dirty where the filter was supposed to be...Still concerning though, as I am extremely meticulous with my equipment.

Also, I was mowing and the mower died and I switched tanks (looking at the mower the left side had gas and the right side was out) and it started right back up and went, but on the "switch" that switches the tanks it was adjusted on the the left side so I had to move it to the right, then it started right up and no problems...so when it said right/left is it from looking at the mower from behind...kind of confused me :confused:?

Anyways, any help or responses to this would be greatly appreciated!

TLS
04-03-2010, 10:36 PM
If it is a 2007 it has the 25hp Kubota correct? Or does it have the 23hp Kubota? Does anyone know? Any help is very appreciated!

From what I remember, they're the same engine.

Kubota rates them 23hp @3600rpm

Toro/Exmark rates them at 25hp @ 3850rpm

ToroLandscaper
04-03-2010, 11:01 PM
From what I remember, they're the same engine.

Kubota rates them 23hp @3600rpm

Toro/Exmark rates them at 25hp @ 3850rpm

Thanks for the info

mowyo
04-04-2010, 10:21 AM
Toroscaper,since you think you have a lot of power, ur motor is probly fine.Maybe the guy had a.d.d. and serviced the mower for the winter, just forgot to reinstall the filter.I would monitor blowby and oil consumption closely (there should be none of either).Best of luck with this.

ToroLandscaper
04-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Toroscaper,since you think you have a lot of power, ur motor is probly fine.Maybe the guy had a.d.d. and serviced the mower for the winter, just forgot to reinstall the filter.I would monitor blowby and oil consumption closely (there should be none of either).Best of luck with this.

Thanks for the tip, I am taking the mower to the dealer tomorrow and replacing all filters and getting all fluids flushed, what exactly is blow by (sorry if thats a dumb question)?

mowyo
04-04-2010, 06:45 PM
You should be able to find the crankcase vent, probly from the valve cover going down by the oil pan.(about 1/2 or 5/8 ID)With the motor hot, there shouldn't be any light smoke or oil drops coming from it.I have an old Dodge truck and a worn out backhoe - they both have a constant smelly fog coming from the vent.

ToroLandscaper
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM
You should be able to find the crankcase vent, probly from the valve cover going down by the oil pan.(about 1/2 or 5/8 ID)With the motor hot, there shouldn't be any light smoke or oil drops coming from it.I have an old Dodge truck and a worn out backhoe - they both have a constant smelly fog coming from the vent.

Okay thanks for the help, I will check it out.

ToroLandscaper
04-05-2010, 12:49 AM
To the top, anyone else have any opinions/inputs?