PDA

View Full Version : How to kill weeds in juniper.

jameszell24
04-02-2010, 11:39 PM
I heard some one say 1 table spoon of round up 41% per gallon of water. any tips

SeedPro
04-03-2010, 12:00 AM
Are you licensed to spray pesticides James?

grassrat
04-03-2010, 07:41 AM
pull with hand :)

bug-guy
04-03-2010, 10:12 AM
look at certainty, check the newest label on the internet it has an over the top label now

greendoctor
04-03-2010, 03:44 PM
Certainty, Image or Lontrel are options for broadleaf weed control. Ronstar Flo will also contribute to weed control as well. It is labeled as a preemergent, but it burns up lots of broadleaf weeds. Conifers are very tolerant of that material. For me, going under and around plants with a calibrated wand is more cost effective and time efficient that having to stay there and hand weed.

jameszell24
04-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Not wanting to spray pesticides seedpro, wanting to kill weeds in juniper

fastcat
04-17-2010, 10:59 PM
yea your not licensed. so you are saying herbicide is not a pesticide

betmr
04-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Here we go, the old, "Pesticides are for killing bugs, I'm spraying herbicides, so I don't need no stinking Pesticide license", routine.

P.S.: They need to change the title of this Forum, it is very misleading to people who don't know that Pesticide is a general term for Insecticide, herbicide, fugicide, rodenticide etc, etc. All pests, and all controled by........Pesticides. I remember one guy argueing the fact that this thread is named Pesticide & herbicide application, so that proves there is a difference.

ArizPestWeed
04-18-2010, 12:45 AM

Why , what difference does it make , he's gonna use 'em anyway if he's not , might as well lead him down the correct path to correct pesticide use .

sunray
04-18-2010, 12:52 AM
I heard some one say 1 table spoon of round up 41% per gallon of water. any tips

Take those nasty bushes out, I joyfully remove every juniper I am allowed to remove.
They are a maintenance nightmare, however they are good cover for every weed tat wants a chanceto grow.
Best of all if there is a piece of trash blowing down the street it will collect it fr you.

betmr
04-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Not wanting to spray pesticides seedpro, wanting to kill weeds in juniper

And which Pesticide do You think will do it? An Herbicide or an Insecticide? Or did you want us to tell you to dig them out, which you are free to do, without a license.

There is a thread on this forum "See post #1 for the most important 3:44 minutes you'll spend this spring." You should go there, to see the future of Landscape Pest Control, in this country. You can't hardly get Landscape pest chemicals, in Canada anymore. The reason is, too many people that don't know what they are doing, are putting out chemicals they know nothing about, and think if a little is good, then must be better. And when the people who don't like that, start screaming loud enough, they are going to start banning this stuff here. Then nobody will be able to help you get your weeds out of your Juniper.

grassman177
04-18-2010, 09:26 AM
And which Pesticide do You think will do it? An Herbicide or an Insecticide? Or did you want us to tell you to dig them out, which you are free to do, without a license.

There is a thread on this forum "See post #1 for the most important 3:44 minutes you'll spend this spring." You should go there, to see the future of Landscape Pest Control, in this country. You can't hardly get Landscape pest chemicals, in Canada anymore. The reason is, too many people that don't know what they are doing, are putting out chemicals they know nothing about, and think if a little is good, then must be better. And when the people who don't like that, start screaming loud enough, they are going to start banning this stuff here. Then nobody will be able to help you get your weeds out of your Juniper.

true dat!!! i am stil for making all pesticides RU products so homeowners CANT use them and abuse them. i bet we would see the amount of contamination go way down

scotlykins
04-18-2010, 09:20 PM

And what freaking difference does that make??

All he wants to know is what chemical will kill the grass and not the Juniper. He can spray his own property without the license.

killraven
06-04-2011, 11:28 PM

Funny that I am free to go to my local Lowe's OR Home Depot and buy pesticides without a license. But of course I don't live in Canada, AND neither does James. So WHAT does it matter if he doesn't have a license for his PRIVATE PROPERTY. All he wanted to know was what to use to kill weeds in his Juniper WITHOUT harming them, BUT you idiots just want to debate IF he has a freaking license rather than helping the guy, jeeze...AND if people are to stupid to figure out how much to put out of a PESTICIDE then maybe the people are to stupid to vote cause this is what these types of arguments are eventually going to lead to.