PDA

View Full Version : Light weight trimmer and blower suggestions

Smitty58
04-03-2010, 12:25 AM
The wife is going to start helping me a little. I know what your thinking ,but the question is what can she do? Mowing is probably out of the question and my Stihl trimmer and blowers are kind of heavy. Is there any lighter weight trimmers out there? I found a Redmax backpack that is pretty light ( 13 pounds ) but the trimmers are a different problem. Thanks for any help you can lend and go ahead and make your goofy remarks about why I would want the wife helping in the first place. I can handle it.

armyofgoodmusic
04-03-2010, 12:38 AM
wont last you more then 2 years but weedeater makes an EXTREMELY light weight straight shaft trimmer....i have one that i keep for the days my lady works with me. Like i said it wont last forever...but it also only costs $80 at any walmart. Cuts fine also....im sure some people will have a problem with this but it is a feather compared to others.

stephen424
04-03-2010, 01:26 AM
try the stihl BR600. they are very comfortable

and try a kawasaki string trimmer. lightest with the most power (imo). i have a kgt27a

ProSeasons
04-03-2010, 02:04 AM
She can't mow grass? Mowing is the easiest thing on the trailer.

I would'nt let my GF trim squat.

topsites
04-03-2010, 02:26 AM
I'd have to agree, mowing's the cake part.

She could also...
Take care of scheduling and billing and customer relations and answering the phone, that's not very physical
and on that note perhaps start on organizing your maintenance schedules (or even creating one) and so on...
She might be good at parts inventory and shopping for them as well.
Helps in ways you wouldn't even know.

Anyhow...