PDA

View Full Version : Yard Rolling

sasquatchmonk88
04-03-2010, 05:20 AM
If you charge for lawn rolling, do you normally charge less or more than you do to mow....I figure more because your filling up the barrel and emptying it....

Hell on Blades
04-03-2010, 05:23 AM
A couple of options ...
1) if you're rolling multiple yards, just charge what you do to mow and the extra 10 min on either end will be spread among each job... or
2) figure out how much extra time you'll need or how much slower you'll have to go and add it to the fee.

ALC-GregH
04-03-2010, 09:06 AM
If you charge for lawn rolling, do you normally charge less or more than you do to mow....I figure more because your filling up the barrel and emptying it....

Can you explain "why" you would empty the roller when you finished at one job? Are you actually looking for ways to be inefficient? If you are, then by all means keep doing what you're doing.

sasquatchmonk88
04-03-2010, 07:35 PM
Can you explain "why" you would empty the roller when you finished at one job? Are you actually looking for ways to be inefficient? If you are, then by all means keep doing what you're doing.

I was thinking of the scenario as if I was doing one job...ya know I come on here looking for advice and never find it because of ass holes like you make it impossible to find it. If you do not have an answer or any thing worth posting, why do you even bother to reply? So the real question is, are you looking for ways to be a inefficient by being a ******* ******* to every rookie in the industry?

snowjeep
04-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Easy guys. I use a tow behind brinley ploy 36"x 24" and filled it with sand so its about 900 lbs. On smaller lawns that I charge $24 a cut I charge $50 to roll. My larger lawns are $60-$75 and never had anyone say no to my prices.

dishboy
04-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Why would you intentionally compact the soil in the first place........................I guess you can then sell a aeration job which is only beneficial for about 30 days...............

Weekendwrench
04-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Don’t empty the roller!!!!! R u going to use the customers water and charge them to roll their yard? I bring 2 rollers with me when I roll lawns. 1 about 40” to get threw gates the other just over 55” both weigh just over a 1000lbs + 800lb tractor on my trailer.

mbrew
04-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Why would you intentionally compact the soil in the first place........................I guess you can then sell a aeration job which is only beneficial for about 30 days...............

I'm curious also. The only time I've ever rolled a lawn was right after it was seeded to insure good soil contact with the seed, but I've never done it to an established yard.

Thanks, Mike

Weekendwrench
04-04-2010, 08:44 PM
Frost Heave. Makes our clay soil like a mine field every winter. Not so much a problem down south.

mbrew
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Frost Heave. Makes our clay soil like a mine field every winter. Not so much a problem down south.
Thanks! I understand now.

sasquatchmonk88
04-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Here in Mid Michigan, you have moles that tunnel thru your yard during the winter and make the ground sink in as you walk on it, that is one reason why you would probably offer this as a service

procut
04-04-2010, 11:31 PM
^ Rolling doesn't actually get rid of the moles, though; but whatever.

calvinslawnservices
04-05-2010, 01:27 AM
^ Rolling doesn't actually get rid of the moles, though; but whatever.

True but if you offer mole removal or whatever and then roll out the lawn, 2 services in 1 visit equals more profit.

demhustler
04-05-2010, 01:34 AM
I was thinking of the scenario as if I was doing one job...ya know I come on here looking for advice and never find it because of as holes like you make it impossible to find it. If you do not have an answer or any thing worth posting, why do you even bother to reply? So the real question is, are you looking for ways to be inefficient ....

:laugh:
relax, such just looking for ways to run mouth...
... and can't figure it out even if you explained it to him a few times....
a lot of good answers - don't pay attention on junk