PDA

View Full Version : Vista 3000 Series LED's

MEXANDME
04-03-2010, 08:30 AM
I am installing a job next week with Vista 3003's and 3006's.

Has anyone had any experience with them yet?

Thanks / Regards,

Mex

Classic Lighting
04-03-2010, 11:28 AM
No experience with this Vista LED.
Do you have a certain question about this product? Your statement was very vague.

irrig8r
04-03-2010, 02:01 PM

Thanks / Regards,

Mex

I have seen them and disassembled one to see how it was put together. I was impressed enough to order a 3006-M for my sample kit. I do think a longer shroud would be better.

I've also seen a 10 deg narrow spot and 35 deg. BAB equivalent 15741 from Kichler.

I'd like to compare them all side by side, but haven't installed either yet.

The prices for the two lines (in aluminum) are in the same ballpark... the Kichlers list for a little less, but my distributor offers me a better discount on the Vista, so they end up about the same.

sprinklerchris
04-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Thanks / Regards,

Mex

LOVE them. Construction and light quality vastly better than Kichler puck lights. And LED path lights available as well.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-03-2010, 04:49 PM
I have seen the Vista LED path lights in action, at a home in Naples Fla just a few weeks ago where he had dozens of 2131-CSN-LED pathlights installed. One of the reasons I was there was the client wanted me to figure out why the light out of the path lights did not look like the light out of the bullet up lights. As soon as I saw them at night I knew they were LED fixtures... why? Because they were about 3500K (min) to my eye, significantly cooler white than the 2700K that was coming out of the cheapo halogen MR16 lamps

This is another reason why we MUST INSIST that manufacturers provide us with ALL of the pertinent specifications in regards to their line of LED fixtures, lamps, etc.

I have been bugging Vista for about 4 months now to release the detailed specifications... they say they are "working on it". I don't understand what takes so long... They could provide me with the data and I would have it summarized in a spec sheet in under an hour.

MEXANDME
04-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Sorry my question was vague.

This is my first job with Vista LED's (or any LED for that matter) and I was just curious as to anyone's experience, good or bad, with them so far. For me, this is a nice size job....81 LED's and 4 transformers with astronomical timers.

I am putting in 3303'3, 3306's, & 4704 Pathlights. The 3300 series are 2800K but I am not sure about the 4704's. The Vista rep spec'ed them out for me.
I will be sure to address Jim's situation in Naples with the Vista rep to make sure I do not have a similar situation!

Thanks for everyone's feedback You guys are great!!!

Regards,

Mex

sprinklerchris
04-04-2010, 10:33 AM
I have seen the Vista LED path lights in action, at a home in Naples Fla just a few weeks ago where he had dozens of 2131-CSN-LED pathlights installed. One of the reasons I was there was the client wanted me to figure out why the light out of the path lights did not look like the light out of the bullet up lights. As soon as I saw them at night I knew they were LED fixtures... why? Because they were about 3500K (min) to my eye, significantly cooler white than the 2700K that was coming out of the cheapo halogen MR16 lamps

This is another reason why we MUST INSIST that manufacturers provide us with ALL of the pertinent specifications in regards to their line of LED fixtures, lamps, etc.

I have been bugging Vista for about 4 months now to release the detailed specifications... they say they are "working on it". I don't understand what takes so long... They could provide me with the data and I would have it summarized in a spec sheet in under an hour.

Those sound like the 1st generation of the Vista path lights. Those were very bluish. The new ones seem to use the same LED emitters as the 3000 series....much, much better.

irrig8r
04-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Those sound like the 1st generation of the Vista path lights. Those were very bluish. The new ones seem to use the same LED emitters as the 3000 series....much, much better.

As I understand it, Vista is on their third generation of LED fixtures and those engineers they hired from Hydrel were heavily involved in their design...

Mataman
04-07-2010, 08:16 AM
vista is using 4100k and 2800k. from how I understand it, if you don't specify, you'll get 4100k

Alan B
04-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Also keep in mind the cooler color temp LEDs (bluish) put out more lumens. To get lower color Temp the phosphate coating acts like a filter to make light desirable in color, but also lowers lumens. Make sure the high lumen color spec you are told is for the lower color temp LED you want. The challenge is getting both (along with other things).

Sincerely,

Alan

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
04-07-2010, 12:02 PM
RETRACTION

I did in fact receive all of Vista's LM-79 and IES reports on their new LED bullet line up, way back on February 11th, 2010. This came to be direct from the VP and for some reason got filed in a 'junk' folder in my email program.

I took at look at these files just now and found most of the pertinent data is available. Missing still is information on L70 (calculated life) and junction temperatures.

This information is available from Vista and I would encourage you to contact your Rep and ask for it.

I have not been provided with any IES or LM-79 photometric data for the Vista LED pathlights, just the new 3000 series.

irrig8r
04-13-2010, 07:53 PM
vista is using 4100k and 2800k. from how I understand it, if you don't specify, you'll get 4100k

The one I ordered, a 3006, color not specified because I forgot to, came in a 2800K. My rep says only the 2800K is available for now.