PDA

View Full Version : Spyker 288

Mowerman2112
04-03-2010, 02:15 PM
Have a Spyker 288 with deflector, should a person split the rate for drive's, walks etc.? Then full rate and overlap? Thanks

travis@specialized
04-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Yeah you either need to adjust the rate by the dial or just hold the gate closed partially with your free hand when using the side deflector. When fully open you need to overlap back to the closest tire track on your last pass to get an even application.

a plus bob
04-04-2010, 10:31 AM
I dont adjust just walk a lttle faster never had a problem

RigglePLC
04-04-2010, 11:40 AM
With my scotts spreader (Anderson) I didn't change anything as I usually wanted extra crabgrass control along the edges anyway. But with high nitrogen products--whoops-- it can cause excess green along edges. Travis is right.

Young Bros
04-04-2010, 12:51 PM
We walk faster unless we want extra crabgrass control.

americanlawn
04-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Ditto with a plus bob & Young Bros.
With the deflector shield down, the 288 still spreads as far as other spreaders in full spread.
I usually start treating the edges of the driveway, front door area & curbs first with the deflector shield down. (often times I have enough product in the hopper from the last lawn to do this). Then I pour additional product in the hopper (while I'm still close to my truck) and finish the rest of the lawn accordingly. Reason I do this is to reduce the weight of the spreader so it's easier to push.