PDA

View Full Version : My Exmark Lazer Z Liquid Cooled just cuts off

FHB
04-03-2010, 05:03 PM
My exmark lazer z just cuts off. It is sitting at the end of my driveway now. it is sitting on a small slope, just wondering if the tilt switch could be bad and if anyones had this issue before. the last time it cut off, i made a real sharp turn real fast and it died but shortly after restarted. also, is there anyway to move that thing when its off, if it is the tilt switch, i need to get it off the slope so I can refire it. thanks for all the insights.

specialtylc
04-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Check all safety switches.

unkownfl
04-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Open the release valves on the hydro pumps just a half turn and then you can push/tow it out. EFI or Carb?

MJB
04-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a possible fuel issue too. Does your have a switch between tanks? Check that out too.

Think Green
04-03-2010, 08:17 PM
FHB,
If I can remember correctly, the carb has a anti-backfire switch just below the bowl. If this this becomes dislodged, the fuel cannot get to the bowl. Another stupid feature with real potential, that satisfied the law makers. It was designed to quiet these mowers with big engines from backfiring the excess fuel vapors that escape into the muffler.