PDA

View Full Version : Tire marks on cement

greenchoppers
04-04-2010, 12:45 AM
Hello Forum,

I have a question. We were mowing a clients lawn last week and there was a decent amount of clovers in the yard. The cut clovers seem to stick to my Carlisle tires on the rear of my ZTR. When traveling across cement, the clover seems to "stain" the cement in the sahape of my tire treads.

We can blow the grass off the cement but next week, those same tire tracks will still be on the cement.

Any suggestions (besides getting rid of the clover) on how to prevent this or perhaps a way to clean it off after it happens?

:confused:

Greg78
04-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Hello Forum,

I have a question. We were mowing a clients lawn last week and there was a decent amount of clovers in the yard. The cut clovers seem to stick to my Carlisle tires on the rear of my ZTR. When traveling across cement, the clover seems to "stain" the cement in the sahape of my tire treads.

We can blow the grass off the cement but next week, those same tire tracks will still be on the cement.

Any suggestions (besides getting rid of the clover) on how to prevent this or perhaps a way to clean it off after it happens?

:confused:

I don't know how to clean it off, but that is one of the reasons I don't drive on customer's sidewalks or driveways unless I have no choice.

Hell on Blades
04-04-2010, 12:56 AM
I don't know how to clean it off, but that is one of the reasons I don't drive on customer's sidewalks or driveways unless I have no choice.

I agree, I normally cut from edge to edge of the grass then make a final "frame" pass around the outside to pickup what I cannot get.

However, I've had some luck scrubbing with a pushbroom or using a weedeater to wear the green off the concrete.