PDA

View Full Version : Bit the bullet and bought a 52" turf tiger

TONTAGE
04-04-2010, 09:13 AM
this will be my 1st ZTR,as it's replacing my 48" WB.61" is too big for me and the past week ive been going back and forth between the wildcats and the turf tigers.last week my dealer said he would have to order one for me so yesterday i decided to take a ride up there and what do i see out in front? a 52" Turf Tiger.Definately is the perfect size deck,doesnt have the suspension seat but was very very comfortable.with the 27 hp kohler on a 52" deck im sure power will not be an issue.bad news is the unit on display was sold so i have to wait a week.no biggie,it will give me time to find a trailer.pics will be up when i take delivery.

topsites
04-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Gosh, I think a new suspension seat is only $200 and I guess
I'm spoiled but that's one thing I won't go without.

Seen two on Ebay just now, whether they'll fit that mower I couldn't say but $150'ish shipping and all...

ALC-GregH
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM

Seen two on Ebay just now, whether they'll fit that mower I couldn't say but $150'ish shipping and all...

At that price, you get what you pay for.....

Mike Blevins
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
I had a 52" Turf Tiger with a 23 liquid cooled kawasaki. You will love this machine, especially with the 27 hp kohler. It has plenty of power for the 61" deck so power shouldn't even be an issue. I also had the 52" wildcat. You'll have better hillside handling than the Wildcat. The Wildcat is a great mower also I miss both of my 52" mowers. You made a great choice these mowers are just bulletproof.:usflag:

TONTAGE
04-04-2010, 11:36 AM

thanks for the replies guys.i checked out the suspension seat on the 61" vs the seat on the 52" and then i asked my dealer if he could order one and he threw out a number of $500,i decided to stick with the seat it came with

SouthSide Cutter
04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Ran them with and without will never buy one without it. I even bought a extra for 200.00 (a take off)