PDA

View Full Version : Broadcast Spreader Options for ZTR

LB1234
04-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Hi all...

Some may recall that last year I had questions regarding a sprayer to mount to my ZTR. Finally got that done and calibrated nicely. thanks again for all your help.

Well, my next thing I would like to tackle is stopping the age old push 100# of product in my push spreader. I would like to get an electric broadcast spreader for my ZTR (already has a removable sprayer). After doing some research I'm under the assumption that my two options are a spyker or the JRCO. I'm leaning towards the JRCO b/c I already have the mounting bar for another attachment (blower buggy). However, I have been hearing some very good things about spyker spreaders.

So my question is, does anybody have a recommendation...would obviously like to hear from someone who owns either of them to provide some feedback. I have around 1k to work with on this unit so I believe I'm within the price range of the JRCO, not sure of the spyker. I also have thought about a dedicated ride on electric spreader, but I believe they are over 2k and just not within the budget. And no, I'm not looking into the T3000, permagreen, or Z-spray. For the small quantity of accounts I have it is not worth the price of greater than 7k.

again, I appreciate your feedback...happy easter!! :waving:

Grandview
04-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Go with the Spyker 220. The spreader has to be stainless or it will rust. I had two spreaders similar to a JRCO, each one lasted a year. I was using it a lot, but even with maintenance the controls just rusted. The motors went also. My Spyker 220 lasted more than ten years. Still had the original motor. I sold it last year in working condition. I have two Zs and did not need it.