PDA

View Full Version : Echo Bed Redefiner problem.

Landscraper1
04-04-2010, 02:21 PM
I demoed the Redefiner last Spring, when it first came out. Loved it the first day out. Called the dealer and told him to put it on my account because, he is not getting it back.
After 2 weeks of using it the aluminum gaurd broke off. It was covered under warrenty. I told the dealer that I think the guard should be made out of something other than aluminum. When a rock gets stuck it puts pressure against that guard and will crack easily.
Well, this Spring I purchased a 2nd one (they do work great). In one week one of the shields broke again. Replaced it under warranty. Now, 1 week later the men tell me that the 2nd one has a crack in it already.
Has anyone else been having problems??

grassman177
04-04-2010, 05:41 PM
good to know there is an issue potential as we are thinking about getting one, or at least i am

ALC-GregH
04-04-2010, 06:34 PM
I have one. Haven't noticed any cracks. Then again, I haven't looked.

Now you got me wondering. I need to go out and check it.

Landscraper1
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
good to know there is an issue potential as we are thinking about getting one, or at least i am

It works great! I was contacted by an Echo rep last year, to see what I thought of it. I told him that I loved it, except for that gaurd issue. He told me that I wasn't the only one to have it crack. But, this years model hasn't changed and here I am going through the same problem. It seems like it would be an easy fix. Maybe make it all out of a thick plastic or a thin steel. Something with a little give in it. Cast aluminum has no give.
Otherwise it's a great time saver. My men do put alot of hours on it during spring cleanups and we mostly do commercial jobs.