PDA

View Full Version : Not equipment but shrubs stolen?

buffalonick
04-04-2010, 02:37 PM
My parents live in a suburb of buffalo, pretty nice, big corner lot with a football field as a side yard, well i went over to do some cleanup yesterday and found that she was missing her very end shrub i planted there a few years back. It was right next to the fence, i asked what happened and she had no clue, parents said it was last week for sure.

Is that what it is coming to know? cant afford to get your own plants so someone has to come and spend time and dig up shrubs to make there house beautiful?

On another note the vandal did fill in the hole as if it had never been there!!!! :clapping:

Stuttering Stan
04-05-2010, 11:13 AM
I have checked into landscape material insurance before. Say you install $5000 worth of shrubs, trees, etc for a landscape job. It is very easy, especially in the first few weeks, for someone to pull it out the ground and walk away.

topsites
04-07-2010, 03:11 AM
I think something else happened to that shrub.

KyLawnscapes
04-07-2010, 10:56 PM
I had 8 6ft arbs stolen 2 nights after and install at a shopping ctr. They were around the dumpster and someone came in with a trailer and dumped a bunch of old bathroom and kitchen flooring from a remodel into the dumpster and then proceeded to just pull the arbs up and throw them on the trailer. There was soil on the pavement where the dirt fell between the floor boards. I was pissed cause we hadn't even finished the install so I had to replace out of pocket.

Alpha Property
04-09-2010, 08:24 AM
i have a customer with a corner lot and a flower bed rite along the sidewalks, she's missing a small snow ball tree from over the winter, and they didn't even bother to fill the hole back in or clean up after themselves

bryant lawn & landscape
04-09-2010, 11:15 PM
Japanese Maples have been known to grow feet and walk away around here.

procut
06-12-2010, 11:41 PM
Plant theft isn't at all un-common. Especially from commercial jobs.

FiveOJoe
06-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Town near me has had it happen quite a bit. Had a rash of patio furniture and grill thefts as well.

They caught one guy selling it at a Farm Market booth.

User Name Taken
06-12-2010, 11:56 PM
I've seen 18 trees walk away from a commercial job the night after we planted them, course it was a gas station in the ghetto :-/

ajslands
06-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Japanese Maples have been known to grow feet and walk away around here.

Oh ya!!!! I've heard of that multiple times!
Usually it's other landscaper that steel the shrubs or flowers, and then they put them in a job that their doing, so they twice the money! IMO it's a Jack a$$.
Posted via Mobile Device

Branch manager
06-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Plant material theft has gone on for years. Out in LA, they install anchors in the ground to secure the new plantings along the highways. I would tend to agree it's probably a landscraper/jackleg that sees a chance to pocket extra money by reducing cost of buying the stuff. And I have also heard of large quantities of Jap Maples being stolen from garden stores and nurseries. This was done by someone who knew their value. Sadly, material is virtually untraceable. With this harsh economy, thefts industry-wide are going to get worse, so be vigilant about securing your goods.;):drinkup:

Rayner Lawncare
08-14-2010, 05:40 PM
I think something else happened to that shrub.

Kinda doesn't make sense to me either. Why would they take the time to fill the back in?:confused:

DJJS
08-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Kinda doesn't make sense to me either. Why would they take the time to fill the back in?:confused:

Sounds like mom and dad took the shrubs to a farm so it could live with all the other shrubs at a place where there’s always enough fertilizer to go around. A place where shrubs can grow up big and strong and be happy, also known as the big woodchipper in the sky