PDA

View Full Version : Urgent - Aerator help me spend my money !!

Eaton_mtl
04-04-2010, 03:30 PM
I have a growing lanscape business in Canada , and It is now time to buy an aerator and I have to order this week !!!.

The only one I have used are the classen rental unit and I hated it , they were really bad , it is like fighting a beast for a whole day !!

Now I want to buy an aerator but I am finding they are really expensive especially in canada and the choice is very limited ( and I cant justify spending 4000 on a machine juste yet) . I am leaning towards two different model , or if you guys have suggestion feel free to help me.

I am looking for a machine that does not were you out , I dont want to know nothing of the old classen and ryan model. I want to be able to do 10 client a day and feel good at the end.

So here it is 2 unit caught my attention , the plugr 400 and the lawn solution unit.

The plugr seems nice and I have dealer in canada so I could buy it from the US and get it fix in case of problem , the lawn solution on the other hand is not well represented in canada and I am afraid If I have problem with the unit it will get more complicated to fix ( I also suck at mechanic for now)

So basically my question is , Is the plugr a good aerator and is it nice to opperate , and is the lawn soution that much better that I would have to go an extra 1000 - 2000 to get it.

- Considere that I will mainly do small residential work with them in the city , no big lawn , i only use 21 inch mower.

- some lawn have hill but the fair majority are pretty flat I would say.

So is the plugr a good choice or are they that much harder to opperate and less productive then the lawn solution and how do they compare to the classen and ryn drum machine ???

Thanks in advance for the info guys

Etienne
:canadaflag:

Spikewheeler
04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
hope you can find one

Eaton_mtl
04-04-2010, 06:22 PM
why are they hard to find ??

topsites
04-04-2010, 06:46 PM
So long you got some cash put aside I'd start looking for a used one,
I bought my Classen (yes I know you hate them but I love it) TA-25 8 years
ago for a thousand bucks.

There's simply not that much to break on them, I've probably spent $500'ish in
parts over the years and I am sure that machine has paid for itself a few times over.

There's also a mulch yard up the road from me selling a split-drive 3-year old for $1,800
and from the picture it looks so nice if I had extra cash I would buy it.

They are hard to find, so start looking.

Eaton_mtl
04-04-2010, 07:37 PM
well I would probably buy it brand new , so I guess I wont have to much trouble finding them , and wanted to know what people tought of the pl400 like I said in my post.

The thing with the classen on small yard with alot odf turn you always have to release plug and start again it is a real pain , I guess if you have big yard and only do straigh line it could do , but I am looking for something maneuverable that does not kill you.

Also I dont mind putting some of money but 3000 - 4000 seemed really expensive and maybe over the top since I dont know how many aeration client I will get this year , the pl400 is more like 2000 .

Anyways thx

lawn king
04-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Lawn solutions is the machine you want. Chances are you will have no serious repair issues. Just started our second season on ours, All i have done to this machine is routine PM and minor adjustments to the hydro cable and drive chains.

Eaton_mtl
04-05-2010, 01:37 AM
Any feedback on the pl400 , the lawn solution look amazing but it is really expensive dont know if I can pay it off.
thx

JFGauvreau
04-05-2010, 08:24 AM
I got a old bluebird, 2005ish, bought it for 650bucks, and I've spent 80 bucks in parts, now its almost brand new. It runs very nice too, very easy to operate with no weights on. I average 10-15 lawns a day and I feel fine, of course aeration is still a hard work.

Eaton_mtl
04-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I am in canada and they are really hard to find use , I am leaning towards the pl400 , if at somepoint business go really good I wil exchange for the lawn solution.

But before I pull the trigger any positive feedback on the pl400
and also

Should I just get the pl410 since it is basicaly the same thing but cheaper .

Feedback would be appreciate

thank you

LawnSolutionsCP
04-05-2010, 08:07 PM
GC Duke and Turf Care Canada (Toro) carries our aerators.

They are the 2 largest equipment OEMs in Canada and GC Duke. GC Duke has all models in stock to include our ride-on units.

Give them a call and setup a demonstartion.

David

BENTLEY'S
04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
I've had a pl400 since 2003 the first problem I had was 6 months ago! Starts second pull every time. It's not that good on hills but flat ground its easy. For what you say you need. I would buy the 400.

Bentley's

LawnSolutionsCP
04-05-2010, 08:27 PM
You can rent our unit too.

Contact GC Duke and find out where. They sell our units to rental stores up your way.
Posted via Mobile Device

DuallyVette
04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I'd go ahead and spend the big $$ and go with the LS aerator. Then you'll have the best, and never think...would have, should have, could have. :)

thethirstymoose
04-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Maybe you are not running the aerator right if you are tired after 10 lawns? I have aerated 20 lawns in a day, and that wore me out, 10 would be a breeze, there are lots of secrets to running them witout fighting them, if you fight them you will lose

integrityman
04-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Maybe you are not running the aerator right if you are tired after 10 lawns? I have aerated 20 lawns in a day, and that wore me out, 10 would be a breeze, there are lots of secrets to running them witout fighting them, if you fight them you will lose

Do share those secrets.....