PDA

View Full Version : Mulching Kit on a Grasshopper 223?

N.TX
04-04-2010, 07:52 PM
Does anyone have a mulch kit and how bad does it bog down with the 23hp ... I seem to have plenty of power discharging. I figure if I put the no lift blades or mulching blades that it should be fine. Also ... do you guys know the part number?

N.TX
04-04-2010, 08:22 PM
Oh ya ...the reason for wanting it is I am going to be mowing near some roadway and I dont want to be discharging at cars and it will save alot of time blowing off.

N.TX
04-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Bump....anyone?

Turf Dawg
04-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I had one for my 223/52 and it worked well. To be honest though I did not use it much because I like to just use the discharge cover and keep going to the inside if it was leaving a trail, and then raise the deck a couple inches and go back over that trail.
The mulch kit is two pieces and six bolts [i think] to hold it up. So the time it took to take off the blades, scrape deck, install first piece, install second piece and put the blades back on takes a little time, so this is something you would not want to do often. That is the reason I just used the discharge cover because I might have to discharge some and mulch others. If you mulch most of the time the kit does do a good job though.
As for the power----------I think the 223 is way under powered in the spring to begin with.