PDA

View Full Version : If you own a Husqvarna weed wacker read this....

soloscaperman
04-04-2010, 10:36 PM
I have a 223L which is mostly the same as the other models. I started it up and it shocked my elbow which has happen for the last year of the 3 or 4 years that I owned it. Well I pull the plug boot off and the freakin spark plug wire snaps off like a hot knife through butter!! The metal coil thing was still on the spark plug. Cheap rubber insulation!! Prolly from the heat. Well I go to the dealer that I love and the warranty was 4 days old!! He still did it under warranty!!

Just be careful pulling the wire boot off when changing the plugs. This is the first problem I have ever had but I still love there weed wackers.

GravelyGuy
04-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Never had that problem with my Husq. trimmers. I do have an Echo gas powered back pack sprayer and the switch will shock you to death if you touch it worng.

morgaj1
04-04-2010, 11:40 PM
The same thing happened to me last year when I was working on my father's old 40 model Husqvarna chainsaw.

castlerockmo
04-04-2010, 11:41 PM
I had that problem on my 223L`s but I cant recall having that problem with the 326`s. Atleast they fixed it! gota love having a Good Dealer!!

soloscaperman
04-04-2010, 11:52 PM
The problem was the design. The wire and the boot that connects to the plug is too short!! I notice that when I bought the trimmer 4 years ago. They couldn't extend it to another 2MM to the plug!!

Yater
04-05-2010, 12:16 AM
I've shocked myself many times testing spark and getting my equipment started after a winter lay-off. I HATE it.

Flatop
04-05-2010, 01:09 AM
I have a 223L which is mostly the same as the other models. I started it up and it shocked my elbow which has happen for the last year of the 3 or 4 years that I owned it. Well I pull the plug boot off and the freakin spark plug wire snaps off like a hot knife through butter!! The metal coil thing was still on the spark plug. Cheap rubber insulation!! Prolly from the heat. Well I go to the dealer that I love and the warranty was 4 days old!! He still did it under warranty!!

Just be careful pulling the wire boot off when changing the plugs. This is the first problem I have ever had but I still love there weed wackers.

Thanks for the heads up. have not been shocked yet but I have using my Echo 230.

Hawg City Lawns
04-05-2010, 02:10 AM
i used an old ryobi ss30 for a long time.. after a day of trimming i would have several little red burn marks on my forearm where the plug had bitten me.. but same thing slapped on a new boot no problem til it wore off again

topsites
04-05-2010, 03:15 AM
That elbow zapper's got some kick to it, don't it?