PDA

View Full Version : Electric Backpack Sprayer

Drew Gemma
04-04-2010, 10:19 PM
What is a durable brand that is also not priced through the roof? Let me know guys.

americanlawn
04-05-2010, 05:22 PM
We really like the Shurflo SRS600. Ebay has brand new units for $182.00. Free shipping & no Tax. They come with a cone nozzle, but we put in a flat fan nozzle.

SeedPro
04-05-2010, 05:39 PM
We really like the Shurflo SRS600. Ebay has brand new units for $182.00. Free shipping & no Tax. They come with a cone nozzle, but we put in a flat fan nozzle.

Larry.....did you put the flat fan in because the cone nozzle seemed to put out too much product in large droplet size, even on high pressure setting.

I'm disappointed in my shurflo I just got for that reason. Seems like it needs more restriction to the flow.

americanlawn
04-05-2010, 05:55 PM
We like the cone nozzle for our ride-ons (for spraying edges), but we prefer the (blue) TeeJet flat fan nozzle for our backpacks cuz at close spray range, the cone pattern has no spray in the middle..so we would have to constantly wave the wand back & forth (this ends up breaking the spray wand) to get complete coverage. With the flat fan, we can hold the wand steady as we walk and not miss anything, and it still works for edges.

SeedPro
04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
I hate flat fan nozzles and all my sprayers have an adjustable cone. Flat fans are to wild for me and you really need to be careful with over spray.
I'm just not thrilled with this shurflo.....puts out too much product and it's not dispersed anough.

Young Bros
04-05-2010, 09:18 PM
I dont know what happened to our shurflos this winter, but not one out of four works. Larry have you had to replace the batteries in the off season?

americanlawn
04-06-2010, 06:48 PM
We seldom have a battery issue. We give them a full charge at the end of the year, and then we charge them up before using them in the spring. Make sure the fuses are good. Make sure both wires are fastened securely. Make sure the screen is clean.
After that, you probably have a problem with the pump or electrical components (both located underneath the tank). When we are unable to fix ours, we take them to "Sprayer Specialties" in Grimes, IA. They sell them & quickly repair them. Ebay sells parts for these, but it takes somebody smarter than me to diagnose the difficult stuff. I'll probably get our Shurfo's out tomorrow to see how many work. That said, I still think they're the best.

I dont know what happened to our shurflos this winter, but not one out of four works. Larry have you had to replace the batteries in the off season?