PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find a small auger bit for a drill to plant flowers?

N.TX
04-05-2010, 03:09 AM
I had a small auger that went on my cordless drill and made planting flowers go so much faster. I bought it at lowes and now they dont have one. Anyone know where i can pick one up?

Alan0354
04-05-2010, 05:18 AM
I was looking for one, the only one I saw is the one on TV by Billy Maze(spelling). I have no idea it work or not. But I can't find any other.

Atlantic Lawn
04-05-2010, 06:53 AM
What we have used for many years for single small flowers is a trailer tie down. These are the anchors that are used to secure mobile homes and even some guy wires. The disc on the bottom is about 3" and has a loop on the top to secure a wire to. Remove that top loop and for about 5 bucks you've got a good little auger bit. Most hardware, Lowe's or HD stores will have these.

Turf Dawg
04-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Ed's in Addison. The number is 972-386-3999. I know I have got them there before.

Hoy landscaping
04-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Billy mays here with the awesome auger!

GlynnC
04-05-2010, 05:03 PM
What we have used for many years for single small flowers is a trailer tie down. These are the anchors that are used to secure mobile homes and even some guy wires. The disc on the bottom is about 3" and has a loop on the top to secure a wire to. Remove that top loop and for about 5 bucks you've got a good little auger bit. Most hardware, Lowe's or HD stores will have these.

This is what I use--you might find them in the kids swingset area.

rlitman
04-05-2010, 06:38 PM

That's a pretty darn good idea for a shallow hole, but I don't know where to buy one of those (they come in sets of 4 as playground or shed tie downs by me). And, with only one circle of flutes, its won't dig more than a few inches, before getting clogged.

HD by me has an auger about 2 3/4" across, which is great for planting bulbs or cell packs. Ace hardware by me, has one that's about 1 1/4" in diameter, which is good for fertilizer spikes, or smaller bulbs.