PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump whining

dfor
05-27-2000, 09:10 PM
I've got a 1998 Chevy K-2500. Lately I've noticed that it sounds like the fuel pump in constantly whining. When I first turn the key on the fuel pump activates (whines) for about 3 seconds then shuts down. (which I believe is normal) When the truck is running it whines all the time. Anybody have any insight as to what the problem might be? Other than that the truck runs fine. I'm just afraid someday it's gonna quit on me.

DMC300
05-27-2000, 09:51 PM
My 99' 1500 dooes the same thing,i believe it is normal.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING

yortengel
05-28-2000, 11:20 PM
they will make a little noise. If it gets to loud then It may need to be replaced. Also how is your fuel filter. If its clogged up it will load the pump more and cause it to wear out faster. I change my filter like every 25k.

John DiMartino
06-11-2000, 11:37 AM
I noticed that all the 96 and newer GM's with the vortec engines have a noisey fuel pump,so I bet its normal.I change my fuel filters every year,to ensure the fuel pump lives a long life.Ive never had a pump go bad yet(knock on wood). <p>----------<br>John D<br>