PDA

View Full Version : pendulum ???

fishanhunt
04-05-2010, 04:30 AM
I am fairly new to spraying and I am licensed. Both of my chemical dealers here preach and praise Pendulum or the generic version Pin Dee 3.0. Do any of you guys use these pre-emergents or do you recommend something else?

Grandview
04-05-2010, 06:11 AM
It is a great product. Only problem is it is yellow and stains everything yellow.

Young Bros
04-05-2010, 08:45 AM
I hate pendulum (staining). Try barricade or generic barricade or dimension.

thempikes
04-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Agreed with other posts. Great product but it stains and the smell is terrible....

abrightday
04-05-2010, 06:14 PM
If you spray right, you don't have to worry about staining,, Orthene smells too but not for too long,,and the yellow breaks down in a few days,,the thing is the price,,I can get a 2.5 gal. bottle for just $80.00 with tax,,compare that to other products.

Think Green
04-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Fish,
Pendi has a longer list of pre kill
Barricade is shorter on that list
Pendi does stink and stain some but once you get used to putting it out, you can watch out for the bad habits. The only reason I don't use it any longer is the duration of kill. It doesn't last long in the soil and heat will break it down faster. Barricade and Dimension lasts longer. It all depends if you want to reseed, overseed as to what you are using.
If I am overseeding, or plan to sod, I won't even consider using barricade or Dimension

jvanvliet
04-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Pendulum is cheap... & works great! try the "Aquacap" a lot less smell but a few more dollars. I kinda like the yellow cause it shows me my coverage and the yeller breaks down quickly with time and irrigation... I also use it as a pre-emergent on planting beds.