PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Pro-Turn XDZ

NORTHMAN
04-05-2010, 08:25 AM
There's a dealer in my area that just started carrying Gravely Mowers,with the help of dwost and tallimeca I just ordered a Pro-21XD,21" mower.I'm looking for a future purchase of a new ZTR,I currently have a 7 year old SCAG Tiger Cub 48",19 HP Kawasaki Advantage deck,I need something bigger and with more HP.I'm looking for alternatives to SCAG as I don't like my dealer,there prices are high and their service is low,the next closest SCAG dealer is the distributor and their prices are high also,I haven't completely ruled SCAG out.Anyone have any experience with the Gravely Pro-Turn XDZ?How does the X-Factor deck cut in wet conditions?How does the Pro-Turn compare to the Pro-Master?How are the dampers on the controls,I prefer the way higher effort on the SCAG?How are the new ZT-5400 wheel motor/pump working out?I haven't priced them yet,I will when I pick up my 21" in a couple of weeks.The other ZTR's I'm thinking about are the Bad Boy Outlaw,closest dealer is 60 miles away and Bobcat.Thanks as always for any help.

retrodog
04-06-2010, 11:14 AM
The 5400's are very smooth, I am liking them so far, but have only seen them used since the start of the season, I will let you know of any issues I hear of. They perform really well on hills, are very fast, and just look awesome underneath the mowers. I would recommend heavily looking at the Outlaw, I think it is waaay underpriced. 54" 31hp Kawasaki 5400 tranny for $7499 is just nuts....

NORTHMAN
04-06-2010, 11:53 AM
retrodog,thank you for your reply.The only problem I have with BB is the closest dealer is 60 miles away,I would be very interested in the Outlaw though.