PDA

View Full Version : Need help for pricing

JFGauvreau
04-05-2010, 08:19 AM
I got various quotes for fertilizers treatments.

Its about 3 to 4 fertilizer applications, 1 spring, 1 summer and 1 fall.

Not sure how much to charge... I've checked some bags of ferts at my local hardware store and its pretty expensive, goes from 20 to 50$ just for 1 bag.

Can anyone suggest me something? Thanks

Young Bros
04-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I suggest a fertilizer dealers license and a pesticide dealers license and a pesticide license.

RigglePLC
04-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Its Canada, eh. We love our nutty northern neighbors. And appreciate your help in the mideast. But no need for pesticide license, you cannot apply herbicides or any pesticides to grass, or am I wrong? So I would apply more top quality fertilizers--to increase thickness--thereby fighting the weeds. Do a few soil tests. Then apply only what your lawns need. Look for a fertilizer high in slow-release nitrogen (and low or zero phos). Try to find a fert in which at least half of the nitrogen is in slow-release form. Lesco (John Deere Landscapes) has a popular fertilizer with 50 percent slow release coated particles
24-0-11, but the fine print shows only 6 percent of the bag is slow release. Your nearest store, if you plan to make a run for the border is in Albany NY. Phone 518 456-2334. Let us know how you deal with the weeds--we are watching with strong interest.
Price? Try to pay less than about 75 cents per 1000 sq feet. Loonies per hectare? I don't know.

JFGauvreau
04-05-2010, 10:19 AM
I suggest a fertilizer dealers license and a pesticide dealers license and a pesticide license.

No need for that in Canada....

@ RigglePLC: Ya I mean, I could do a few soil testing kit, i'm sure that would be more accurate, and more professional. But I was also thinking about the spring fert should be high slow release nitrogen, something like 30-0-0. But we are now stuck with organic stuff since of the new laws. So the fertilizers are more expensive. Like the bags go from 20-50 bucks and will only be able to do 2 lawns with that lol.

Shegardi
04-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Faced with that, I would move, lol

bare spot
04-06-2010, 12:01 AM
gotta check this bannimg and why it came about but gotta ask of this. are farmers banned from them, and/or do treated imported food get banned also?