PDA

View Full Version : Gravely WB Spring Maintenance

Marinucci_Landscaping
04-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey all,

Looking for some advice from those who use walk-behind mowers. Basically, got a new 1334G Gravely 34" walk behind (my first woo!) last year. I only put about 100hrs on it, and am now looking to have some spring maintenance done to it. I took it to the dealer, who proceeded to tell me I needed to clean out the fan housing, and it would be $250 before he even touched the rest of it. Seems like a load to me, considering the manual doesn't even mention performing this kind of maintenance.

As far as I know, I have maintained it responsibly: Oil change ever 50 hours; checked and cleaned the air filter after every refueling, changed as needed; sharpened blades as needed; braked tightened as needed; and added a gallon of gas and ran it it about once a month over the winter for 15 minutes to keep it fresh.

I guess I'm wondering... am I getting the shaft here? I haven't paid anything yet. Secondly, what should I be doing for a machine with 100hrs on it that has been sitting over the winter, from your experience? Any practical advice "beyond look at the manual" (have already done that) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Marinucci