PDA

View Full Version : Roundup and broadleaf

OKIE LAWNS
04-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Guys, i sprayed a big 3/4 acre lawn a week ago in oklahoma with round up and pendulum (bermuda was dormat). I had a light mist of rain about 6 or 7 hours after the app. lasted maybe 1/2 hour..i noticed today the dandelions are now flowering heavy and not showing much sign of wilting. The bermuda is now starting to wake up so i can't hit it with RU again. I know the roundup seems to take its time killing broadleaf, but don't want to loose this customer. You think i ought to hit it again (spot spray) with trimac?

thoughts? :confused:

fl-landscapes
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
I dont spray lawns....but wouldnt 2-4-D remove your broadleaf problem from your bermuda?

thempikes
04-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Guys, i sprayed a big 3/4 acre lawn a week ago in oklahoma with round up and pendulum (bermuda was dormat). I had a light mist of rain about 6 or 7 hours after the app. lasted maybe 1/2 hour..i noticed today the dandelions are now flowering heavy and not showing much sign of wilting. The bermuda is now starting to wake up so i can't hit it with RU again. I know the roundup seems to take its time killing broadleaf, but don't want to loose this customer. You think i ought to hit it again (spot spray) with trimac?

Yes. Spot spray.
Dandies were dormant until just recently.

rwsawal04
04-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Don't put roundup on that bermuda if it's greening up, just get some 3-way, 2-4d, or some speedzone before it get to hot.

CHARLES CUE
04-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I always use a 3way with roundup when killing a yard. If not there always seems to be some weeds left
Charles Cue

jose85
04-06-2010, 09:29 PM
dam bubba i pulled roundup like 3 weeks ago, and yea just use a 3 way , trimac is ok