PDA

View Full Version : Love My Diesel!

MOturkey
04-06-2010, 12:44 AM
I've got a whole 8 hours on my new Gravely 260 with the 27 horse diesel, and so far, am loving it. Seems to be using about 8/10ths of a gallon per hour, which translates to something like $1.25 to $1.50 per hour fuel savings over my other 260, which has a 27 Kawasaki. Mowed an area today I do not believe I could have mowed with the gas burner. Very wet yard we've mowed for 3 years or so. Low lying, plus the area over the lateral lines is worse. Grass over the lines was almost a foot high, and the ground below like jello. Wth the diesel, I was able to maintain a steady speed without bogging the engine and sinking into the ground. Think, and hope, I made a good purchase.

ToroLandscaper
04-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I've got a whole 8 hours on my new Gravely 260 with the 27 horse diesel, and so far, am loving it. Seems to be using about 8/10ths of a gallon per hour, which translates to something like $1.25 to $1.50 per hour fuel savings over my other 260, which has a 27 Kawasaki. Mowed an area today I do not believe I could have mowed with the gas burner. Very wet yard we've mowed for 3 years or so. Low lying, plus the area over the lateral lines is worse. Grass over the lines was almost a foot high, and the ground below like jello. Wth the diesel, I was able to maintain a steady speed without bogging the engine and sinking into the ground. Think, and hope, I made a good purchase.

Good luck and congrats with your purchase!

I just bought a 60" Toro Zmaster with a 23hp diesel Kubota engine (with 800 hours) and I am very impressed so far.

Diesel is definitely nice to have if you can afford one.

What did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

MOturkey
04-06-2010, 11:34 PM
About $11,000. Dealer gave me a demo discount.