PDA

View Full Version : Speedzone and St. Augustine with a Z-spray

centraltxturf
04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
I am in my first season with my new Z-spray and I'm curious about anyone using it to spray herbicides on st. augustine. I am using speedzone southern, but am very nervous about the low volume. i have decided to switch tips and go 1 gallon per thousand, but i hate to fill every 18k sf.

I'm also concerned about spraying during the green-up transition period. If I cant use speedzone, what other products are other folks using? Atrazine is an option, but i havent seen it perform as well on broadleaves.

any help from z-sprayers or just st augustine chemical people would be very much appreciated. (no floretum in my area)

Fireguy97
04-06-2010, 01:52 AM
I'm an Irrigation Contractor, and don't know a lot about herbicides, and I apologize if I sound a little critical, but why are you even thinking of spraying if you don't know what you are doing? I thought that there is training for this. Or at least a license procedure.

Mick

Atlantic Lawn
04-06-2010, 07:13 PM
We don't spray any St Augustine so sorry I can't help. All the questions you posed are very valid and I hope you get some positive replies.I'm not sure what the other reply is referring to regarding "training for this". I interpreted your questions as seeking feedback from someone that had been routinely spraying St Aug. Good questions, good luck.

rwsawal04
04-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't think you can put speedzone on st. augustine, I use 3-way on st. augustine about .75 oz per 1000. You got to mix it really light during greenup. Even if you doing been during weed control for a while you still has ask questions. Temperature has to be in between 65-75 degrees and up to 80 on bermuda. Read the label really good.