PDA

View Full Version : Stupid scotts fert guy!

ajslands
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
So I was taking a nap and this fertilizer guy shows up to do my neighbor's lawn, well he was parked in front of my house so I was getting the feeling he was going to do my lawn instead. Well he ended up doin theirs and he put down the wet application, so he streched his hose from his truck across my lawn (which I work very hard on) (kinda my signature lawn) across a flower bed and back across my lawn again and then to my neighbors driveway, I was just wondering if this was common practice? Cuz if it is then I should not have called scotts and complained about it. Was he in the wrong, cuz I realy don't like hose marks across my lawn much less the flower beds!!! :realmad:
Posted via Mobile Device

M&S_Lawncare
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Call it in every time I would not be totally rude but I would get the point across ! I called in our trash guy as he was littering all down the road and it was totally obvious and he didn't care but I do having to pick up after him...

Runner
04-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Technically? They perhaps probably aren't supposed to pull across your lawn. However,...I would love to know the reason why he didn't park in front of the customers lawn. Also, depending on where he dragged the hose, it might have been across the right of way. I do have to say though,...and please don't take this the wrong way...but "hosemarks" in the lawn seem just a leeeetle on the whiny side, to me - especially if it WAS out on the row. The flowerbed thing would certainly tick me off a bit, though. Why didn't you throw on your shoes and go out there and say something to him? You know,...you have to understand - these guys are NOT rocket scientists that do this stuff. as a matter of fact, the prerequisites are 1. you have a technician certificate, 2. you are clean cut, and 3. you have a pulse. LOL

lawn king
04-06-2010, 05:46 PM
Massachusetts doe's not require a pulse!

SeedPro
04-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Taking a Nap? At this time of year in Michigan and you're a Lawn Guy?

Good grief.

Greenery
04-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I would have to agree with Runner. The only thing that would upset me in the scenario you described is if they were dragging their hose through the flowerbed. Hose marks in the grass I think you're going to the extreme with that one. Also don't be a pussy go out and talk to the guy hes not going to hose you down or anything. If you were to have talked with the tech I think it would have prevented the same issue in the future rather than calling the office where your complaint was probably filed in the wastebasket.

MRMelton
04-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm wondering why the Scotts' guy is fertilzing your neighbor's lawn and not you...

Greenery
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I'm wondering why the Scotts' guy is fertilzing your neighbor's lawn and not you...

I have one guy in my culdesac I live on that I don't treat. I refuse to match trugreens price so he sticks with them. Surprisingly it doesn't look half bad.

SeedPro
04-06-2010, 09:41 PM

He's napping.

ajslands
04-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Actualy we were suppose to get some strong storms today but never did so I went out and did some spring clean up, but I had fertilized earlier today but only 2 lawns, I did mine last week, I'll upload some pictures that I took when I get off my phone, I generaly don't sleep during the day.

The only reason I didn't talk to the guy is because I am only 17 and he probaly wod f just said something stupid and didn't want to deal with it.

And to the guy who said something about the trash guys, I am glad I am not the ony one! Are guy litters our street too, and guess who has to clean that up! (me!) I think next week I'll write a big sign on the mailbox or one of the trash can saying "if you make a mess clean it up!" my father used to tell me that all the time, and now I do it cuz I don't want to have to clean it up when somehing good is on tv like mythbusters or some show that is comical like ax men for example.
Posted via Mobile Device

lukemelo216
04-06-2010, 10:28 PM
how much difference is price between you and them on your neighbors lawn? Do it when you do yours you basically have no windshield time on it. you are right there. That is about the stupidest thing i have ever heard. Its more exposure for you, and me i will always help out my neighbors but i just make it clear to them that its usually when i get around to it and they always are very understanding about it. How big of a lot are you talking? 10 15 minutes of work? no drive time, two lots together, seems like an easy job to me in which case i would certainly be willing to drop the price on it for him

Greenery
04-06-2010, 11:18 PM
how much difference is price between you and them on your neighbors lawn? Do it when you do yours you basically have no windshield time on it. you are right there. That is about the stupidest thing i have ever heard. Its more exposure for you, and me i will always help out my neighbors but i just make it clear to them that its usually when i get around to it and they always are very understanding about it. How big of a lot are you talking? 10 15 minutes of work? no drive time, two lots together, seems like an easy job to me in which case i would certainly be willing to drop the price on it for him

I assume you are directing that at me. Trugreen charges them $25 per app. They only receive three apps, if they see a dandie between apps they call and complain and usually recieve a free service call. It's about a 4000 sq ft lawn.

I'll give a neighbor a deal but that is just too low for me.

ajslands
04-07-2010, 12:48 AM
4000 sq foot that's it! That's small!
Posted via Mobile Device

Runner
04-07-2010, 02:23 AM
Living next door? I could do that for $25, easy...and make money.

lukemelo216
04-07-2010, 09:50 AM
I would still do it for that. I would just simply include weed control every application or try to convince them to go with at least 4 applications so you can control the weeds better.