PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out what SpringGreen is applying, 4th app in 1.5-2.0 weeks

mcw615
04-07-2010, 07:52 AM
SpringGreen is a national franchised lawn care as some of you may know. There is a guy that runs a SG by himself, does great work, we both use lesco products, but I'm trying to figure what all he is putting down my gosh.

About a week and a half ago I saw the guy spray a customers yard, he had about a 150 g skid in the truck and just his spreader on his 16' trailer, that afternoon he was back and applied granular, this past monday he did another granular app. Now this morning he has a 1,000 gallon nurse tank on the trailer, with a 300 skid in the truck. WHAT in the world???

He may be going from granular to liquid because the lesco supplier in town shut down and merged with a bigger branch which is about an hour and a half to hour 45 min away now. That's a lot of travel time to be applying products on a full time basis.

I'm just a landscape firm/maintenance owner, I have a general app schedule which I thought was pretty decent but I'm just curious what all he is applying and if people are paying him for that many apps.

Here's my schedule in VA for general tall fescue.

1 - Early spring 18-0-10 w/ dimension
2 - Mid april 24-5-11
3 - May 3 way broadleaf
4 - June reg weed and feed
5 - July merritt grub control
6 - Late Aug early sept feed with seed starter if overseeding
7 - Mid oct 28-8-5
8 - late november 46-0-0

It has worked really good, and that's the schedule lesco gave me 3 years ago when I added fert and squirt to my maintenance accts.
Posted via Mobile Device

Runner
04-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Boy,...I don't know...you may just want to ask him. This is one of your mowing customers? If so,...ask the customer. they should have the sos's from the visits.
rationally, I'm thinking perhaps maybe he didn't have his fert in time or something, and maybe he sprayed straight Dimension. Or perhaps he upsold a fungicide ap since it is "so badly needed for gray snow mold" for the first ap, and did some other things, as well.
I have to say,...I'm a bit confused by even your program. I couldn't even imagine pushing 8 aps on people. So many of these should just be done in the same aps. You are delivering the same service, but with less money out for trips.

mcw615
04-07-2010, 08:58 PM
We did have spots of snow on the ground until about the second week of March. What is it that you would combine? Lesco gave me a schedule they made up and said most everyone follows this, it has worked out really good. It isn't one of my customers, I was with one of my crews doing a install and noticed him doing 4 or 5 yards on a stop, then the second time I was driving through that neighborhood to meet at another customers and saw him, then this morning was dropping off an estimate and that is when he had the 1000 nurse.