PDA

View Full Version : Sub it out? or walk away?...

AllClassLawnCare
04-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello, I have been reading a great deal from the site for many months. I like to search and find my answers in old threads to avoid re-posting the same questions, but now I have come to a dilemma that is too specific to search through. If anyone can give me any opinion or advice, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Situation is this; I went this morning to look at a commercial property for a doctor's office.

-He is looking for the whole front yard of his office, 1800sq ft., to be re-sodded with Kentucky Blue.

-In this area there is a walkway that is 3.5x31ft that needs to be busted out.

-A new sign for the practice built and installed on a separate raised bed at the edge of the lawn with some landscaping brick to separate it as the focal.

-Two small spotlights installed for the sign, low voltage lighting.

-Annuals in between the existing landscaping, aprx 40ft. and an additional 5 three gallon dwarf boxwoods installed.

-***A whole new sprinkler system installed*** - (Problem is I planned on subbing this part of the job, since I do not install sprinkler systems, but a close friend who is a retired landscaper, thinks this is going to be too much of a problem for multiple reasons. My estimate not including the sprinkler system and new sign(haven't been able to find a place yet that will make this) is apprx. $3085 Now if I sub out the sprinkler install, which will probably run close to $2500- my friend thinks that I'm getting in over my head with having to dig up the lawn and bust the concrete, then wait on the other company to install the system and then go back to finish the sod install. He thinks it is too much to have to rely on another contractor to get in and out on time and since $2500 for the sprinkler system is close to half of the project, then he may be able to get a company to just do the sprinkler system and the rest of the work all in one shot and get a break. Just not too sure what to do, any thoughts?) Thanks for taking the time to read.

-Justin

AllClassLawnCare
04-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Well, after the Doctor saw the price for the sprinkler system he decided to do without it and I secured the job for the lawn, landscaping, etc... Thanks anyway guys for taking the time to read..................................

S&MLL
04-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Do you need a lighting guy for the sign? Philly is only 30 minutes away for us.