PDA

View Full Version : For those that offer dandelion or weed spray only

cod8825
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Just wanting to know something from the rest of you. For those of you that do dandelion only spray in the spring not apart of a program. Do you charge more or less for the one time stop. If a a yard that was on a six step program cost $50 do you charge that or less because you are only putting down 3-way and maybe some iron.

Matt

ike1018
04-07-2010, 05:19 PM
I charge a little less than a regular app as my chemical costs are lower, but I make sure my gross margins are equal to or most often greater than my gross margins for a regular app. I have a minimum of $40.

I look at these two ways, one they can be more profitable if priced right and two it is a potential opportunity to convert someone to a full program customer. The downside is these come during the busiest time of year, so they HAVE to be very profitable.

thelawnkid
04-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I do a ton of this. I also network with other companies in my area and do spraying for them to. for a typical weed app. i do trimec992 in the spring and when temps get warmer I switch to surge I charge 2.89 per 1ksf for that stuff with a $35 min. if the chemical cost more than surge than i charge extra,