PDA

View Full Version : 2 Hustler qustions

chrisk
06-26-2002, 11:02 PM
I am looking at getting my first commercial walk behind.
I want something with around a 52inch cut

I've never used pistol grip mowers therefore I am not used to one over the other.
So here goes

Question number 1
Can someone explain exactly how the whole H bar thing works?

Question number 2
Does the Hustler wb's stripe well, or do they need a kit??

Thank you for your time!!!!!!
Chris

Upstate Mike
06-28-2002, 08:17 AM
The H bar system is the best,You just twist the handlebars forward to go forward and back to go backwards.And you just turn the bars the way you want to go.Its like riding a motorcycle.You can do it all day and not get tired.

Doc Pete
06-28-2002, 11:33 AM
Chris,
Please email or call me (908-953-9812) if you'd like information on the Hustler WB's. Most of the info here is customer jargon lingo, and doesn't get you the nitty gritty of the plusses of the WB's. As a WB, they are the best bar none. They are very good as they come, and can be made terrific with a few little changes. I have the 48 and 54 and love both of them. I won't be going to a rider either, for my 54 is just too good. Where else can have a true WB and an instant riding machine, than with a velky powered WB.
Pete

Doc Pete
06-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Upstate Mike
The H bar system is the best,You just twist the handlebars forward to go forward and back to go backwards.And you just turn the bars the way you want to go.Its like riding a motorcycle.You can do it all day and not get tired.

Mike is totally correct, but there's much more to it. When going from forward to reverse, there's a spring detent which let's you stop exactly at zero, and then go in reverse. This eliminates drastic speed changes and turf marring. Also, reverse is spring loaded so while driving in reverse, as soon as you relax your grip the machine returns to zero. Again since zero is "defined", when "at zero" a pull on the steering bar, left or right, performs a perfect zero with no turf marring. Furthermore, being in the 600+ pound range, Hustler WB's keep their "nose" on the ground all the time, especially when you put a velky on them.
Besides it's great steering, the Hustler is a full-floating deck, with giant front castor wheels, that are full ball-bearing supported and basically never need grease or attention. Add to that a great cut, build stronger than a tank, and you've got the best WB out there... Sorry to repeat myself
Pete
:D

brucec32
02-07-2003, 01:47 AM
You should get paid a commission from Hustler, Pete. You've done a great job of explaining how it works! Sounds fantastic to me. I can't wait to go demo one tomorrow. Unfortunately it's about an hour's drive even here in Atlanta to the nearest dealer. They're just not popular here yet.

I like the Hustler wb because it:

1. has easy to use steering controls
2. floating deck that's easy to adjust
3. plenty of power w/ torquey Kawasaki engines
4. good weight for use with velke
5. ability to hang a bagger on the side
6. mulching kit available
7. fast ground speed, making it suitable as a backup for my ztr rider
8. 2 year warranty
9. hour meter
10. solid looking construction

All the other brands seem to excel in some areas but have fatal flaws in the units I was looking at.

Now I'm wondering if I should go with a Mini Hustler z rather than getting another Exmark Lazer Z HP...