PDA

View Full Version : Tell Customer Mulch yds. & Price or Just Price?

silverado212
04-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Just curios how you do it. Do you tell customer how many yards in your bid or just give them total price. I just give them a total. Like I said just curious on everyone else.

SchnabelLawnCare
04-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I give them a price as well as "financing" options if it is really expensive for them.

MarcSmith
04-08-2010, 01:00 PM
i would always outline quantities of products. that way if they get another price they can compare qtys of the product. Id hate to loose a bid over a lower price when the difference was one guy putting down less product. Provide the customer enough information such that they can make the best decision possible...

SterlingArcher
04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
Definitely keep the customer informed of as much as you can. I like for my clients to feel like they understand exactly what they're spending their money on, even if I have to go through, item by item, and spell it out for them.

mike174
04-09-2010, 12:36 AM
I give them a total price for the job.

Agape
04-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Any time I ever tell how many yards I will be using they want a discount if i use a yard less or they scrutinize the stack if the delivery guy "drags" the pile and it doesn't look as high cause its not in a cube.

Woody82986
04-11-2010, 12:33 PM
It depends on the size. If it's just a yard and the client knows it, then I just shoot them a price. If it's more than that, I like to get them a quantity because they might be shopping the job and it helps to have a quantity so they can compare apples to apples.

Agape
04-12-2010, 10:23 AM
I found a chart that tells how many square feet a yard of bkdst covers at how many inches. I may try telling the customer how deep and that I can save em money if they want me to go thinner. but I usually only like to measure large lots, where a mis-calculation can put my bid waaaay over the competition.

LewisLawn
04-12-2010, 10:44 AM
i ask customer if they want a thick application or just a covering to neaten up the appearance so i can then explain the quantity of mulch needed and then explain the cost dyed or not and double ground or not and then my rate for spreading a yard of mulch and any extra fees that may or may not include edging leaf removal from beds etc...

fastpine
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Depends on the customer. Some ask a million questions,,,some are the"get it done" type..

I totally agree on the apples to apples thing,,,Problem ive run into is people usualy ask how much product im using, go price it out themselves, realize Im marking it up 20%, get pissed and complain.

Typically I like to just give a price..