PDA

View Full Version : Customers now know more than us about turf revitalization.

WHIPPLE5.7
04-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I've only powerraked about 500 yards so I probably don't know what I'm doing by now, atleas thats what people seem to think. Yesterday first lady comes outside and says her husband use to powerrake their yard 2 or 3 times when he rented one. I said just because he did it that way doesn't mean its the right way. She haggles on the price and I settled on a low price and she ended up handing me chech for $10 less than what we agreed on:hammerhead:. Next guy says when he used rent one he would lower it until dirt was flying and tearing out 80% of the lawn. I was like what good could that result in, you may as well hire someone to Harleyrake it. You are supposed remove dead thatch, not all of the lawn:hammerhead:. Some guy I powerraked for last whined about the price but called and wanted it done today, then he calls this morning and says to cancel because since he bags when he mows there is no dead thatch. Hello people, dead thatch has nothing to do with bagging when you cut. It has everything to do with the way you fertalize and water(TOO MUCH).

mnglocker
04-08-2010, 03:19 PM
You can't fix stupid.

93Chevy
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Somebody told me that we're supposed to educate our customers, but it's not like we're professionals or anything. The customer really does know how to do everything better than we do.

lawncuttinfoo
04-10-2010, 11:25 AM
bagging vs mulching does have an effect.

WHIPPLE5.7
04-10-2010, 09:06 PM
bagging vs mulching does have an effect.

According to several University studies and the people at Turf Magazine bagging vs. mulching has a about 0% to do it thatch buildup. I have also seen myself that people who are excessive with watering and fert. are the lawns that have crazy thatch buildup, and they bag as well. Prove your point.