PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Grade Zero Turn Decision

RandyWV
04-09-2010, 10:38 AM
First of all, I am not a lawn care professional, but wanted to get some advice from those that know best. I am a homeowner with 6 acres that I maintain. About 4 of those acres are hillside with < 12% grade. When I bought the property 10 years ago, I knew nothing about cutting that much grass, but I knew I needed something heavier duty. I ended up with a Kubota BX2200 4WD with a 60" belly mower. The yard is fully landscaped and I have a bunch of trees I cut around, so while the 60" works well, I find I spend a lot of time backing up and turning. That's why I plan to sell my Kubota (400 hrs) and go with a ZTR. I figure I can sell my Kubota for around 6-8k and plan to get a ZTR with either a 60, 66 or 72" deck. From what I've read and seen, I should be able to cut my time in half. I have looked at models by Ariens, Gravely and Husqvarna.

I wondered if anybody on here could give me some guidance and things to think about. The Gravely's seem to be a little pricier and I have a friend who is a Husqvarna dealer who can hook me up a good price. I know everybody has their personal preference, but I'm just looking for some feedback that help me make a good decision. I appreciate any input at all.

Thanks,

Randy

castlerockmo
04-09-2010, 10:49 AM
I can tell you about the husqvarna, that's all I run. The new PZ model is a great machine with a very good warranty, 3 years with lifetime deck,frame and spindel housings. The spendels are by far some of the biggest you will see, they are 16 LBS of cast iron. The deck has a no hands operation that is very nice (just foot pedal to raise and lower).the deck is also 7 gauge. I took it out the other day and cut 4 foot grass down to 2.5 inches in one pass without corn rowing or even bogging down. The field had neverbeen mowed and on the second pass looked like it had been mowed for years. If you get a chance take the pz out for a demo, I think you will really like it, husqvrana has a really nice machine in this one. As far a finish cut on a manicured lawn I would put it up against any mower on the market, I know for a fact that it will out cut the new exmark deck and the john deere.
Posted via Mobile Device

RandyWV
04-09-2010, 11:11 AM
I'm not sure if this picture will turn out very well on here, but hopefully you can see the size of yard I'm dealing with. I'm thinking that a 60" will work will and give me more maneuverability. This is my thought...

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landscape-and-groundcare/products/zero-turn-mowers/pz6034fx/

Thanks for your feedback, I do appreciate it.

castlerockmo
04-09-2010, 11:21 AM
That pz would be great there. I don't think you would need the 34 kawi I use the 29 kawi and it never slowed down. I don't know what your dealer is selling the for, mine is selling the 2960 for 8900. The picture in my signiture is of the Dixon side of husqvarna.
Posted via Mobile Device

JShe8918
04-15-2010, 06:22 PM
I'm buying the PZ 60 with the 34 kawasaki tomorrow. I wanted the two speed model but they don't have it in stock and i need it ASAP!!! I am glad to see some feedback. What are some other mowers you have ran? I am coming from walker and scag.

unkownfl
04-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Why not take the Kubota back to the dealer and trade it in for a kubota ztr?

betmr
04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Why not take the Kubota back to the dealer and trade it in for a kubota ztr?

Now that, right there is a good thought.