PDA

View Full Version : post cards -- bleeding

Mike M
04-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Anyone know a good online printer/direct mail service that has "bleeding" capabilities for printing? (Or any recommended printers worth checking out?) Quantum mail is not Mac friendly and Click-2-Mail does not offer bleeding.

Thanks,

Mike

Pro-Scapes
04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Anyone know a good online printer/direct mail service that has "bleeding" capabilities for printing? (Or any recommended printers worth checking out?) Quantum mail is not Mac friendly and Click-2-Mail does not offer bleeding.

Thanks,

Mike

Vista print has always done any printing I have needed with excellent results. I use them for cards... my reference list and my brochures

Tim R.
04-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Mike check out "Got print". They have done excellent work for me and they are the best price I have found.

moonlighting
04-09-2010, 08:10 PM

Thanks,

Mike

I have used Overnightprints.com in the past. they often have sales on their different products. I found the product to be quite good.

jason

David Gretzmier
04-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Gotprint.com has full bleed capabilities and is the best price on cards. I buy the 6x11's full color both sides for around 6 cents each. That is the largest size you can do on the lower prioce saturation mail rates. I think the 4x6's are only like 2 cents each full color. crazy cheap.

Alan B
04-09-2010, 09:21 PM
Mile,

I would recommend vistaprint.com or printingforless.com. Full bleed will not be a problem for them. FYI any one should be able to do a full bleed, bleed is not about printing but the trimming (cutting the paper). No printing press prints to the edge, there is a white margin, if you have it trimmed off it is a full bleed. If their press can't print the size u want with a bleed, you should be able to just get a full bleed but in a 1/4" smaller size (i.e. 8.5 x 11 no bleed or 8.25 x 10.75 with full bleed).

If you want a nice print job ask for #1 premium paper (whiter--makes colors pop better), get a thicker stock, and add a UV coating (extra gloss clear coating).

Sincerely,

Alan

David Gretzmier
04-09-2010, 09:39 PM
also on the UV thing- my mailer folks want to print the addresses right on the cards, and also print the postage permit. they prefer the backside without the UV coating . everything else that can make your card stand out- thicker card stock, larger size, etc. is right on the money.

Mike M
04-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the great leads, everyone!

Alan B
04-10-2010, 06:21 PM
Vista print has always done any printing I have needed with excellent results.

Billy good to see you are using the internet to source and buy your printing. I set-up some of the first online printing and printing rfq sites in the late 90's. Also nice article in this months Turf you wrote. Congrats.

Sincerely,

Alan

Pro-Scapes
04-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Billy good to see you are using the internet to source and buy your printing. I set-up some of the first online printing and printing rfq sites in the late 90's. Also nice article in this months Turf you wrote. Congrats.

Sincerely,

Alan

Thanks. I emailed you about it. Alot of the info and photos to be included in my article ended up on the cutting room floor. I guess they ran short on space for some reason:laugh:

Alan B
04-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Lol (really). I hope the bookend full page ads aren't the reason.

But I never saw the email from you (maybe got stuck in my spam folder or something. alanb@llwcorp.com.

Just got home (10:45pm). Tommy, me and 3 local guys installed 104 fixture job today 7:30 am to 10:15 pm (its not finished but we lit everything--need to fine tune and bry tomorrow, then doing some video and stills).