PDA

View Full Version : need brake help please

terrypiper
04-09-2010, 10:36 PM
i have a 2010 f250 superduty with a factory installed electric brake controller, used it two weeks ago on a borrowed trailer and all worked well. my brand new trailer came in monday picked it up and when i loaded it went to set brake controller but it will not atuate trailer brakes. i have checked trailer and the brakes do work and truck will actuate them if i use the slide switch on controller. so is the problem in my brake pedal switch or is it in the trailer wiring? oh by the way all lights work like they should just not the brakes. any help would be appreciated.:hammerhead:

CLARK LAWN
04-09-2010, 11:31 PM
make sure you have it turned up enough. i had that happen to me, i must have bumped the knob and backed them off and didnt realize it.

terrypiper
04-10-2010, 12:02 AM
tried it everywhere from 0 to 10 still no avail ford says its my trailer and my trailer shop says its my truck. the thing that really puzzles me is that the slide switch works and not the brake pedal. probably a brake pedal switch

CLARK LAWN
04-14-2010, 10:58 PM
have someone hit th brake pedal and check and see if you have power at the plug. and go from there