PDA

View Full Version : good online catalog or store for hand tools?

Ramairfreak98ss
04-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Well im just tired of i guess buying what i think are "good" expensive hand tools at the local stores, only to find out say my new $60 pitchfork that says North carolina and Robert smith on the front signature edition, is actually made in china.

Whats better is that after only a couple days of use with mulching from the trailer bed, two tines "weld" sheered off while i was using it :/

I get am leonards and a bunch of other similar company catalogs. Anyone recommend any good brands of hand tools, preferably made in the USA or at least not china? if i wanted a $50 china made shovel id run to Walfart like every other home owner and buy one for $15.00

The fork looked made well, sturdy, long handle, made of steel so it doesnt flex hardly at all.

Advanced Lawn Care, Inc.
04-10-2010, 06:38 PM
I use nothing but A.M. Leonard and have had no problems. They are a little expensive but built for commercial use.

White Gardens
04-13-2010, 08:17 AM
I think there is a company called Wolverine that makes steel handles shovels, rakes etc... Can't break them even if you tried. I might actually go purchase a couple this week at a dealer that I know has them.

I think they also make some lighter fiberglass handled tools that are way stronger than any shovel at the box stores. Little lighter than the steel handled tools, but still some potential for breakage.

Bigred350
04-13-2010, 10:03 PM
We use craftsman tools. They have a life time warranty so when you break them you just take them back and get a new one for free. We have tried the am lenard and wolvarine but they dont seem much better than the craftsman tools.

allinearth
04-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Wolverine or WWW Manufacturing when you need real tools

Cloud9Landscapes
04-20-2010, 02:58 AM
Check out Gemplers, they sell allot of products from mid west rake company. And yes, they do make more than rakes.